Well, we are back home for the year. We put in last night, and good god is the water high. Fortunately the town is prepared and everything is up and running, for the most part.

We set up this am in 70 fow a bit late (35 minutes late!!!) and immediately were into decent kings. We popped a few mid teen kings and a coho within the first 20 minutes out on a mag carbon 14 45 down on a rigger and meat rigs on 130 dipseys. Then we popped a few fish on top lines with red spoons (a steelie and a laker)... and then the bite just died. Our best screens and action was 70-100, straight out.

We worked east, west, and north. A lot of guys working 180-220, and all we caught was one small king out there. The wind was annoying as was the chop, and we packed it in at 11. Not gang busters, but a successful trip. Back at it in a few weeks!!

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant

We did the opposite!...lol. gotta love fishing. I couldnt get the early bite to go. We had 1 laker and a 2 yr old king in the boat by 8am. We fished 90 to 140...moved out to 250 and got a nice 20 pound king, 5 Lakers, a coho and another 2 yr old and in by 11. Water is cold out there...fish were from 20 ft down to 80. Mostly flasher fly bite for us. Not a lot of mark's or bait anywhere but solid pick out deep.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I saw the pack out there, but when I moved out I couldn’t see why as the screen was trash and I didn’t catch squat. lol. This fishery can be funny sometimes.

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant

• Like 1