Went out last night from 5 - 8pm.  Landed two nice Salmon on a meat rig.  First time in a long time trying a meat rig.  Thank goodness for youtube to set me straight on how to put the darn thing together.  Well the first Salmon bent out net.  I need a new net.  I would like to get a coated one as we like to release the fish.  The ones i looked at are really heavy.  Any suggestions on a net from you guys?1658194266_annasfish.thumb.jpg.6c5461cbcfc8a329fb07ce7a5b6441ad.jpg

Last year was our first year on the water and we really started from scratch as far as big water salmon and trout trolling goes. After much research, we bought Ranger Tournament Series nets for a number of reasons. At first I considered the RS nets but for $225 per net, I wouldn't be able to handle the first time it got scratched, bent or stepped on, not to mention accidentally being sent to the bottom in 650 fow. They are also very heavy.  They do look great and seem to be made with quality components.

The Ranger net is coated and we've yet to have a hook get stuck in the material. The individual holes in the bag are about 5/8" dia and it seems to be very easy on the fish.  It also rinses clean very easily with a few aggressive dunks at 2.5 mph.  The net bag material and both hoop and handle are strong and durable.  You know that low hanging branch on the West side of the parking lot at the Fair Haven state launch? No match for the Ranger Tournament Series net. The handle is octagonal in shape so there is no hunting for the hole (like on a round handled net) in the heat of the moment. You can get the big, telescoping net for about $90 bucks so if you lose it or when you step on it and bend it, it won't hurt as much. 

Edited by ADKHewes