Fluorocarbon leaders

Do you guys still use leaders when switching from your spring set up to summer and or fall set ups? Just wondering if I still need leaders now that I am fishing a lot deeper than spring time. Thanks in advance for advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I use the same all season.  I have dedicated plainer rods with 15lb leaders, rigger rods with spoons with  30lb main line to 20 lb floro leaders, rigger rods with flashers with straight 30lb mono to the swivel, divers for spoons with no snubbers and 30lb floro, flasher / fly or meat divers get 50lb floro no snubbers. 

• Like 1

I use the same all season.  I have dedicated plainer rods with 15lb leaders, rigger rods with spoons with  30lb main line to 20 lb floro leaders, rigger rods with flashers with straight 30lb mono to the swivel, divers for spoons with no snubbers and 30lb floro, flasher / fly or meat divers get 50lb floro no snubbers. 
Gambler do your client lose spoons with the 20lb mono? What brand are you using ive been using seargar sts its cheap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, baitballin86 said:

Gambler do your client lose spoons with the 20lb mono? What brand are you using ive been using seargar sts its cheap.

We rarely have break offs on 20lb floro.  I check the leaders after every fish for frays.  I only use Seaguar Blue Label 20lb.  For 30lb and 50lb, I use the Seaguar Trout and Salmon leader material.  I can't stress enough how important it is to check the leaders after every fish.  When fish are netted, the line rubs on the net loop.  I find a lot of frays 2' up when I do find them. 

• Like 1

We rarely have break offs on 20lb floro.  I check the leaders after every fish for frays.  I only use Seaguar Blue Label 20lb.  For 30lb and 50lb, I use the Seaguar Trout and Salmon leader material.  I can't stress enough how important it is to check the leaders after every fish.  When fish are netted, the line rubs on the net loop.  I find a lot of frays 2' up when I do find them. 
For sure i always check for frays but definitely i do 30lb for any flasher fly or meat rig combo because it's tough losing $20 Pro troll flasher and $15 meat rig. I use to run 20lb for spoons but had a few break offs so now i do 30lbs for everything. Hard to tell if my catch rate is any difference but I sacrifice a little bit of action for the better protection than better abrasion resistance.