My last thread on here being skunked was me reaching out for advice. I honestly respect people who show respect to me in the same way. I felt attacked and i apologize for the **** talking was just looking to figure out somethings with my terrible day out on the water. I always get great advice and have learned so much from talking to this community of fishermen. I have become somewhat successful at catching these amazing fish and i honestly owe it to this community of standup fishermen. Tone is hard to decipher through text so forgive me if i responded in a **** off way but for me sticking up for myself i have some how lost the respect of some great guys that know the business but these great guys continued to banter like high school kids and the conversation of me reaching out turned to ****. I dont think i can be a captain over night and have success with chartering in a year but all i can say is im willing to do what it takes to follow a passion i have had for most my life. Life is short and i hope the people i have disrespected can forgive me and allow me to learn more about this great sport i truly have respect for everyone that can turn fishing into a business. So Scott i dont know you at all i have never received any advice from you and you also dont know me or who i am i can be hot headed sometimes and it was wrong of me to respond like i did so i apologize. Im sure i will continue to get crucified and you probably wont give a **** about much of what iam saying. I can tell you one thing though i will never stop fishing and learning how to run a charter and with or without advice. Hopefully i can get the horse before the cart.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 5

Well done. We get on each other pretty hard, but this is a community of...nurturers...okay, maybe I won't go that far. But at the end of the day, we're all here to make each other better. Mending fences is tougher than backing a snowmobile trailer into them. Twice. Not that I know anyone who's done that lol. 

When you give respect, you get respect. I hope you're successful in following your dream.

Well done. We get on each other pretty hard, but this is a community of...nurturers...okay, maybe I won't go that far. But at the end of the day, we're all here to make each other better. Mending fences is tougher than backing a snowmobile trailer into them. Twice. Not that I know anyone who's done that lol. 

When you give respect, you get respect. I hope you're successful in following your dream.
Thanks gator its hard for me to realize im not talking to my idiot friends and need to show some respect to my elders lesson learned.

I am very proud of you to step up to the plate to repair relationship with fellow anglers and captains alike. It takes a real man to do this and your heart is in the right place. Thank you for doing the right thing. I look forward to meeting you someday soon. I am docked at Mayer’s and please stop by whenever you are in the area. Tight lines. Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am very proud of you to step up to the plate to repair relationship with fellow anglers and captains alike. It takes a real man to do this and your heart is in the right place. Thank you for doing the right thing. I look forward to meeting you someday soon. I am docked at Mayer’s and please stop by whenever you are in the area. Tight lines. Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
Thank you sir good luck to ya this season be safe and i will stop by sometime so much to learn from you guys this type of fishing is freaking scientific dont know how the oldtimers did it without all of the fancy stuff we have now.

• Like 1

The old timers did it by putting their time in.  Spending many many days on the water paying attention to the weather, wind, time of the year etc. Then remembering the results of these many days spent fishing.  I equate it to bowhunting which I've done for many years.  We started out shooting a recurve with a leather glove.  You had to practice a lot to be proficient. Now days you can take a compound off the shelf and shoot it pretty good with a release.  Technology has changed our lives in many ways.  Keep up the good work have fun and be safe on the lake.

2 hours ago, baitballin86 said:

My last thread on here being skunked was me reaching out for advice. I honestly respect people who show respect to me in the same way. I felt attacked and i apologize for the **** talking was just looking to figure out somethings with my terrible day out on the water. I always get great advice and have learned so much from talking to this community of fishermen. I have become somewhat successful at catching these amazing fish and i honestly owe it to this community of standup fishermen. Tone is hard to decipher through text so forgive me if i responded in a **** off way but for me sticking up for myself i have some how lost the respect of some great guys that know the business but these great guys continued to banter like high school kids and the conversation of me reaching out turned to ****. I dont think i can be a captain over night and have success with chartering in a year but all i can say is im willing to do what it takes to follow a passion i have had for most my life. Life is short and i hope the people i have disrespected can forgive me and allow me to learn more about this great sport i truly have respect for everyone that can turn fishing into a business. So Scott i dont know you at all i have never received any advice from you and you also dont know me or who i am i can be hot headed sometimes and it was wrong of me to respond like i did so i apologize. Im sure i will continue to get crucified and you probably wont give a **** about much of what iam saying. I can tell you one thing though i will never stop fishing and learning how to run a charter and with or without advice. Hopefully i can get the horse before the cart.

:yes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, baitballin86 said:

well said!

baitballin you seem to be on the right track and your comments above  should be taken as a mature response to the situation and you deserve respect for doing that. Sometimes the emotions get in the way of things with some issues on LOU and most of us have regretted our exact wording and things said while emotions were running high....a lot of it relates to human nature. You also hit on something that is often overlooked and that is the intention conveyed in written wording and how it is perceived by a diverse audience. Whether email message, forum  comments, or even written lettersw to people they have serious limitations from a communication standpoint. During actual face-to-face conversations you have the benefit of assessing someone's facial expressions, their tone of voice, and even their physical behavior. It is a reason that humor of various types can easily be misunderstood online for example. The important thing is that misunderstandings and /or misrepresentation of actual intentions are straightened out to the best of one's ability....that is the hallmark of personal maturity. We all need to maintain a recognition of the limitations of written responses, learn from our mistakes along the way, and try to be tolerant of others when issues get blown out of perspective. We are all learning here regardless of age, experience, or level of expertise and we share a common goal of making our sport better through our efforts.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 3

Good look, trying to mend fences. There’s a lot of guys that fish, but it’s a pretty small fraternity that does it regularly. Life is too short to have enemies. And you need all the friends you can get out there!

I’ll tell ya man- I’ve fished regularly for 15 years, and mated full time in the summer for 5 of those. We do really well. I have the boat, the equipment, and the experience, and I’d still be nervous about chartering. The fact that I haven’t taken that plunge should tell ya something- cause I sure would love to defray some of my massive yearly operational costs! But these customers expect (and deserve) the best every time. One bad experience ruins them forever and gives lake O a bad name.

Please DO pursue your passion, but do it right. Mate for as many guys as you can, learn the ropes, and get better. If you do it right, it can be a great way to make a living. The successful charter guys have so much they teach you!

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant

• Like 4

I for one am glad to see you reaching out to mend fences, it shows that you are man enough to accept responsibilities for your actions and take steps to rectify the problem.  I may have misjudged you. good job manning up..

• Like 2

Baitballin, kudos to you for your sincere apology, takes a big man to admit his wrong choice of words. Hey I was one  to try and stick up for you, but your words were harsh and nothing good comes out of defensive negativity. Pursue your dreams, always be humble,and have respect for the lake and your fellow fisherman. I'm sure you'll get there some day. Good Luck, you taken the right path with your apology. :yes:

• Like 1