I have been bringing my family up to Alex Bay for years now and when the kids were smaller catching any fish was great (well, it still is!).  But, now they are a little older and LOVE to catch perch and have a fish fry if we catch enough.  The problem is, for the past three years I have been up with them we have only gotten into some really tiny perch - if any.  Are there recommendations for where to go and what to fish with if we want to catch perch mid-july?  We will be there (right in Dingman Point - near Goose Bay) from July 13th - July 21.  Thanks in advance!

The bigger perch will be deeper. I fish the Carlton Island area when I go up and do well on big perch.  The past couple of years, I have found the big perch in 17-25' adjacent to deep water.  If you make it to the Carlton Island area, on the South side of the island, there is a deep cut that runs towards the west end on the island from the east end of it.  There is a silo on the South side of the island that I use as a land mark.  Fish from there back to the East end of the island along the drop.  Be careful there is an electric line laying on the bottom at the East end of the island.  It was not marked on the maps I used but we found it with our anchor. 

• Like 1