STURIPER HERE!

sturiper

I was born and raised in Fremont, California. I started fishing at the tender age of four. My mother and step dad took my siblings (two brothers and one sister) and I all the time on family trips. Out of the four kids, I'm the only one that caught the "fishing fever". Through the years, my best memories are out on the water, with my family, friends, and now my children. Living in this fast paced and stressful world, we all need a place the reconnects us to the peace of our childhood. For me, it's the entire environment. It can be like Antarctica or Africa, rain or shine, I am always ready to go. Fishing is the best of both worlds, because you get your peace and excitement at the same time. I can hardly describe what it feels like to feel your pole get hit so hard it almost flies into the water! But why it has become such an obsession for me goes deeper than all I have mentioned. It is now also my son's great passion. All men hope to have something to pass on to their children that will enrich them. I feel more pride when I see the joy in my little boy's face when he has mastered a new skill, or caught his biggest fish yet. Most of all, I am humbled by the fact that he is able to teach me things and will continue to excel at this sport as he grows. I am an admitted fishing addict, and know that my wife will have to pry my fishing pole out of my hand the day I die!

Joey,