Went out in the morning, about 615 am. Went East towards stack. Started in 106 FOW. Trolled for half mile or mile then cut to North. Trolled out to 350 then back into 150 again. Very slow day for us. We had a 209 cooper. A 300 copper. A 10 color lead. Riggers at various depths from 55 to 100. Two dipsey rods at 150 to 180. Tried varying speed using the hunt mode of the itroll. Used spoons and FF. Saw no bait balls. Saw a few fish not many. All we caught was 4 steelhead. At the ramp another fisherman told me they had a great day west of the harbor. They got 18. They found best was 160 to 260. But they said the fish were only down 15 to 20 feet! Maybe that's why we didn't mark many They were using 5 color leadcore and riggers down 20 or 30. I guess we probably fished too deep. Heading for Erie tomorrow for walleyes although my hopes are not high because I seldom do well out of the Catt until August.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

You will be fine out of the catt. Bite has been good

Went out in the morning, about 615 am. Went East towards stack. Started in 106 FOW. Trolled for half mile or mile then cut to North. Trolled out to 350 then back into 150 again. Very slow day for us. We had a 209 cooper. A 300 copper. A 10 color lead. Riggers at various depths from 55 to 100. Two dipsey rods at 150 to 180. Tried varying speed using the hunt mode of the itroll. Used spoons and FF. Saw no bait balls. Saw a few fish not many. All we caught was 4 steelhead. At the ramp another fisherman told me they had a great day west of the harbor. They got 18. They found best was 160 to 260. But they said the fish were only down 15 to 20 feet! Maybe that's why we didn't mark many They were using 5 color leadcore and riggers down 20 or 30. I guess we probably fished too deep. Heading for Erie tomorrow for walleyes although my hopes are not high because I seldom do well out of the Catt until August.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

We  fished just west of Wilson Thurs. morning and finished with 4 kings (largest 17) and one big laker we got in 70 ft. first thing in the morning. Got the kings in 150-220. Best rig was pro am fly off 8 inch two-face spin doctor, magnum dipsy, back 250. Also caught fish on riggers/spoons 90-100 down. Missed more fish than we landed. Wondering about those inward facing treble hooks on the Atomik flies. Usually don't lose fish once they're hooked up for a while on flies. We were one of two boats off Wilson and got boarded by the Coast Guard in 200 ft. of water while we were trolling. They kept us from fishing for almost a half hour. Thanks.

• Like 1

We  fished just west of Wilson Thurs. morning and finished with 4 kings (largest 17) and one big laker we got in 70 ft. first thing in the morning. Got the kings in 150-220. Best rig was pro am fly off 8 inch two-face spin doctor, magnum dipsy, back 250. Also caught fish on riggers/spoons 90-100 down. Missed more fish than we landed. Wondering about those inward facing treble hooks on the Atomik flies. Usually don't lose fish once they're hooked up for a while on flies. We were one of two boats off Wilson and got boarded by the Coast Guard in 200 ft. of water while we were trolling. They kept us from fishing for almost a half hour. Thanks.

Yeah that’s funky. No need for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Just have all the required gear in good condition, boat registration and drivers license. Having a previous inspection doesn't stop them from giving you another one. I was inspected off Lorain, OH in May and they still inspected me again. Then again, us Ohio guys can look pretty shady, especially on our third day of fishing. 

• Like 1