Cayuga 3rd annual Tom Margeit memorial Derby

Feel free to start registering as soon as possible guys! Chicken BBQ again this year and it's one of the better paying derbies in the finger lakes! Last year has amazing boxes brought to the scales as well! Feel free to contact me this year as well to register I will meet with in reason if it helps you out hope to see some new faces this year!

IMG_20190701_172920.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are looking forward to it and hope to see  some LOU folks there.....kinda like the LOU-all a few years ago. The South Seneca Sportsman's Club is a real nice venue too.

• Like 1

tick tock! We have received donations from Brian Gambell of gambler rigs who has donated now for all 3 years of the tourney. These are beautiful sets of micro gambler rigs! Harvey O'Hara donated some awesome downrigger weights for the second year in a row! Scott Baldwin of Reelrage trolling spoons has donated a bunch of awesome spoons in various colors aswell! Don't miss your chance at these great prize packs! These packs will be split up and drawn for door prize raffles! This gives everyone a fair chance at going home with a smile on their face and some new gear for the boat! I urge everyone to take a look at these local businesses from these great guys that all push amazing product!

• Like 1

Any possibility of having a weigh-in option at or near a marina in the future? I planned to enter, but took a look at location of the club for weigh-in and changed my mind. I live in Lansing and keep my boat docked at Myers Pt. We would have to quit fishing by around 1:00 to get docked, packed up, and drive 45 minutes to the weigh in to make it there before 3. The option to boat up to weigh-in would be awesome.

Either way, good luck to all who've entered and I hope lots of money is raised for this good cause.

The issue of weigh-in location is a common one. For many of us that live to the west of Cayuga (e.g. Canandaigua) the weigh -in at Myers is VERY inconvenient since the nearest decent launch is Dean's Cove. For smaller derbies or tournaments concessions become necessary because having multiple weigh-in stations is both a little more complicated than may meet the eye (e.g having certified scales in some cases, having the personnel to man them etc.). I guess what it boils down to is that if we want to support a cause badly enough we do whatever is necessary to do it even if it means driving a ways and making the most of the day. I know we are driving the 40 miles or so to fish it ( meaning that getting up early) and hope that others will view it similarly and fish it too. Sometimes there are good reasons for being 'inconvenienced" and we need to go with the flow.:smile:

Edited by Sk8man