Cayuga 3rd annual Tom Margeit memorial Derby

Yes, I know, just figured I would ask in case the option ever opens up and there is enough interest to explore the possibility of Dean's or Taughannock. We do have the "home court" advantage at Myers most of the time.  Good luck to everyone this weekend.

At this time we aren't looking at other weigh in locations. This has a bit to do with the later weigh time to potentially make it convenient for people coming from farther launches. However the sportsman's club is a great location for the west side because it's close to deans and not too far from all west side launches. I understand the concern though and I am sorry it couldn't be easier for everyone but it's tough on a 40mile long lake

At this time we aren't looking at other weigh in locations. This has a bit to do with the later weigh time to potentially make it convenient for people coming from farther launches. However the sportsman's club is a great location for the west side because it's close to deans and not too far from all west side launches. I understand the concern though and I am sorry it couldn't be easier for everyone but it's tough on a 40mile long lake
I registered today,I'm not experienced with this type of Derby the only other one was the LOU all in . That day I box out and back on the trailer by 1 pm .( 4 foot waves had a little to do with that also ). I went to the club and had to wait to weigh in after 3 . Is this derby the same or can you weigh in say 1 :00 . I get the 3 pm cut off .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, fisherdude said:

I registered today,I'm not experienced with this type of Derby the only other one was the LOU all in . That day I box out and back on the trailer by 1 pm .( 4 foot waves had a little to do with that also ). I went to the club and had to wait to weigh in after 3 . Is this derby the same or can you weigh in say 1 :00 . I get the 3 pm cut off .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Weigh in starts at 3 after everyone checks in. We do this because it allows everyone to see each box of fish

2 hours ago, cinnamon fish said:

Nothing's stopping me from fishing this... car broke down this morning, can't get it looked at until Monday.  Secured a rental truck for it!  An extra $65, whatever, gonna fish hard for a good cause either way!

:yes::yes:

On 8/9/2019 at 8:15 PM, suttontroller94 said:

71 total entrants this year again! Exact same amount as last year however alot of new faces! See you guys tomorrow afternoon! Tight lines!

Sounds like you had a great tourney.  Saw a bunch of boats launching from Dean's and out on the water yesterday morning.

SO....... Where are the pictures of the winning box and biggest fish??

I don't know if pics taken of the boxes but the winning box was I believe 36 lbs with second close behind at 35 and 14 oz. I think. Some  nice fish caught despite the rough water conditions with the shifting wind. I think the lunker was 11lbs 2 oz. laker. A nicely colored up 10 lb Brown was also caught ( I hope these figures are correct I was eating chicken BarBQ dinner while listening) :lol:

The tournament was very well run. Congrats to all those taking part in putting it together. Nice raffle prizes too ( I even won a bag of micro Gambler rigs.... thanks for donating them Brian).

It was a good turn out of boats and no hassles launching at Dean's despite previous fears of a bass tournament. We saw a bass boat on trailer heading for the north end when we were on the road at Canoga about 4 AM heading towards Dean's and fisherdude called on the phone indicating that he was the only one at the launch so I assume the bass guys went to the north end to launch given the NW wind forecast.

Mark and I boated 15 lakers that were between 5 and 8 lbs and one small sub-legal landlock. We had a massive hit that bent the Seth Green rod to the water and folded up and mangled a large Evil Eye like a pretzel:lol:. A number of hit and runs with nobody home too. All and all a fun day despite the long run back to Dean's from way south of Sheldrake against some pretty bumpy water.

A fun day and highly recommended to all for next year....well worth the journey there and met up with some great folks some of whom are LOU members. When we left the Sportsman's Club we stopped  to get something to drink out of the cooler  and one of the LOU guys stopped his truck and asked if there was anything he could do as he thought we had a vehicle problem.....just one more example of the goodness and generosity of the LOU community:smile:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1