Double fish finder setup

I currently have a lowrance hook 7 with chirp sonar mounted on dash, transducer on transom... been considering mounting another lowrance on the bow and hooking it up to my minn Kota Terrova with I pilot... question is, is it better to use the universal sonar that comes with motor, or use the hose clamp mount and use transducer from FF?? Also any interference issues with the two FF's? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I use the transducer built into my minnkota. I figured it was easier to use that one instead of having the other transducer hanging off the motor. Just make sure you buy the correct adapter to connect the two together. I have not noticed any interference although when I'm on the bow I'm not really using the other fish finder.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I use the transducer built into my minnkota. I figured it was easier to use that one instead of having the other transducer hanging off the motor. Just make sure you buy the correct adapter to connect the two together. I have not noticed any interference although when I'm on the bow I'm not really using the other fish finder.

What are you running for Fish Finders?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a lowrance elite 7 that is connected to the trolling motor on the bow. I also have 2 lowrance HDS units that are networked together, one is in the dash the other is near the back of the boat. The only time I really use the bow unit is when I'm jigging for perch or casting for bass which I dont do very often.

I used the one on my trolling motor to mount first an Elite 4 and then upgraded to an Elite 5 on the bow. Worked great. I have a full Humminbird network on my new boat but still have the bow graph going straight to the trolling motor transducer.

BTW. I'm just putting together the gear from my old boat to sell so if you're looking for the Ram mount and blue plug connection wire for a Lowrance let me know. Either way I'd recommend doing it vs. a separate transducer.