Targeting steelhead question?

I've been targeting kings between 45-48 degrees successfully so far this year. However, I see people posting amazing pics of steelhead and some Browns.

Where are you targeting these fish? If I'm in 90-110 feet of water and am targeting kings at 60 feet bc of the right temp do I just run a top line for steelhead?

Looking for any direction. Thanks in advance. Heading out today

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We have been successful without targeting them. We always have a meat rig in 42 deg then stagger from there up and run free sliders on each spoon rigger. Seem to pop Steelies with the sliders often. Also we run a chute leadcore usually 5-7 and that works well too w bright colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What temp are you targeting for kings?  Steelhead like it warmer, so will almost always be above the kings.  Around 52F.

That normally puts them 20 to 30' above the target temp for kings (42F to 48F), but it does depend on the thermocline profile.

Just measure where you see 52F as you lower the probe down.

Fish the marks don’t get hung up on Temp. A rigger parked between 20-40ft accounts for a lot of our steelhead. A lot of those high marks you see on your graph are steelhead. 7 LC will take many also.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United