Cayuga 7/4

Launched at Taughannock at 5:00 a.m. yesterday morning so we could get our fishing in before the lake got too crazy for Independence Day.  Ran up the West side of the lake a ways and started jigging in about 70-80 fow.  Managed one small rainbow early on, but then not even a hit for over an hour.  Decided to run across the lake near the Power Plant, but the wind had picked up and we had a tough time staying vertical with our jigs.  Had a few short hits but that was hit.  Decided to head back towards the launch, and on the way back the wind died down a little so we hit up one more area right near the launch.  Did two drifts, and the switch feeding switch turned on for a short time.  Managed 4 lakers, all within 15 minutes of each other (including a double), and dropped a few others.  Biggest of the day was a 29" laker with a 17" girth.  We didn't have a scale on the boat, but I'd say he had to be close to 11-12 lbs.  Depth was 75-85 fow, caught on white paddletails and tubes.  We were off the water at 10:00, just as the jet skis and pleasure boaters were starting to show up.

• Like 1

Also went jigging yesterday morning - launched at longpoint and fished from 6:15 am till 9:30 am - ended up with 10 lakers between two of us - 90fow. All fish came in front of college. Biggest was 29.5 inches. I’ll post more pics when I get to a better service area.

Note - depth is wrong on the FF because it was detecting bait as bottom.

IMG_2895.JPGIMG_2896.JPGIMG_2897.JPGIMG_2898.JPGIMG_2902.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice job!  We should have ran farther North per a PM from a fellow LOU member, but my step dad has a bad back and didn't want to have a rough ride and potentially be laid up the rest of the day.  Still not a terrible day though, we are still learning!