Owasco Fighting fleas and silvers

Great couple days fishing, even with high rec boat traffic, silvers jumping giving all a show. Fleas bad, constant maintenance but the high column holding plenty of bows, and water browns.....usual copper and cores working great with 200 copper firing consistent. Riggers 35 and up with sliders taking hits too. Go get ya some.

20190705_140408.jpg

20190705_130154.jpg

20190705_121133.jpg

20190704_194109.jpg

20190704_091600.jpg

20190704_090014.jpg

20190704_064301.jpg

20190703_190022.jpg

• Like 2

No Justin, I haven’t, water temp inside went to 77, bait wasn’t showing up good,  dissolved oxygen terrible, even bullhead dying in tight. I missed the window, now if you fish, you might get 15 minute increments of explosions and their going back out deep to catch their breath, tough when it’s like that. just stuck to silver fishing the last 2 days. Lost some great bows cause I had 5 yards of solid fleas to get off the lines, nothing like getting line burn on your hand trying to take off fleas with a big bow on that decides to take a few runs on ya, that’s where the copper saved me.

I spent the last 2 days on Owasco as well and the story is much the same. A ton of fleas. So much that I reeled some 50 pound mono on my reels and solved the problem that way. I mostly went after very deep lakers with meat rigs and got some 10 pounders from 150 down. It was a nice experiment. The rainbows and browns were in the 40 foot range and provided some great entertainment, I had the barbs removed from my hooks which caused me to loose a few during their acrobatics but every time we lost one that way, we cheered it on. All in all a great time

• Like 2

Just can't do the heavy line, I know it's better for fleas not to grab on, but man, even the downrigger cables were coated. I run 12lb main, and the flea build up did not deter the silver bite which is crazy......but getting them to the net.....another story......it gets too bad I go more to copper and core which I guess is just as bad as 50 lb test, but at least you can watch the board RIP back. Higher speeds were key for me too, coupled with smaller spoons, color didnt matter......as I always say, once you find them, reduce gear and circle and circle.