Seneca Vacation time!

Day 1
Slow out of bed this am. Some jerk named Evan Williams and his friend Jack Daniels kept me up way too late. Focused on land locks to day and cane up with a big nothing. Saw lots of bait balls in 160-175 f.o.w. and quite a few dead alewives floating on the surface. Not sure what that’s all about. Dredging the bottom for lakers tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Day 2. Slow- skunked in the a.m. Evening troll was better- found some landlocked salmon 55ft down over 350 f.o.w. All fish taken on mixed veggies spoons

Last week my divers (standards and mags) were out anywhere from 90’ to 250’ depending on where fish were showing on graph or down temps for that day (Cayuga Lake). Most of the bigger fish came in that 80’ down range. 

Edited by Gill-T

Good evening of fishing last night. Found some bigger landlocked salmon out deep 65 ft down over 550 f.o.w. largest was around 3 lbs. All taken on mixed veggies spoon again.  A curiosity - all the fish I've caught in the past  three  days have been on a north troll. Not so much as a single  release on a southward troll. Any theories?

On 7/10/2019 at 11:56 AM, twring23 said:

Good evening of fishing last night. Found some bigger landlocked salmon out deep 65 ft down over 550 f.o.w. largest was around 3 lbs. All taken on mixed veggies spoon again.  A curiosity - all the fish I've caught in the past  three  days have been on a north troll. Not so much as a single  release on a southward troll. Any theories?

down speed

Another good morning. Landlocked bite is on today 10 for 12 so far smaller spoons 30 to 60 feet down in 190-350 f.o.w. Lake is pretty friendly today

Overall a good week on Seneca.  Good weather and caught enough fish to keep things interesting.   Plenty of solitude and beautiful scenery what an awesome part of the country we live in.  Well its time to pack up and go back to the grind. Good fishing to all

Tom, looks like my tutelage played off. I am far from a master but am ecstatic that I was able to help you figure them out. I would trade in that lake O trip you owe me for a couple of days like you had on Seneca. I will even cook dinner for you and the wife! I know she would love the company.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app