Deans 7 / 7 Blocked and spider webbed

Showed up at deans and meet the bass guys at 4 : 45 am launching boats . Got my turn little after 5 am . Leaving the cove dodging bass boats inside the cove I'm making my way out through the cones. There's bass boats on each side of the little cone out area with their power poles down. There was two guys inside the cones blocking off the channel going out. I had to rock back and forth from forward to reverse and wait for these guys to get out of the way just to get out. Wish they stage outside the cove and out of the way of others .

Fished a little on the west side before turning east .made it out in the middle when we took our second hit on 300 copper down the chute. Landed a nice Laker 10 . 10 on the scale . Sorry no pics left the cell phone in the truck , buddy did get it on the go pro tho . Putting the copper back out I spider web the reel . What a mess took 2 of us 1 1/2 hours to get back in action . Think it even gave me a bad karma day [emoji848] we only did 6 fish total. Two were short locks and four Lakers.When we got back to the launch I meet a couple LOU guys and did well today . Went up to get the truck and found a warning from the park on the wind shield . Man did I sucked today ..[emoji107]. That's the way it goes sometimes I will do better next time . The warning was I have to use the empire pass at the pay machine . .IMG_20190707_122216024.thumb.jpeg.fcfaccbcda102e6960ded09b008934ea.jpeg

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good to see you out there today Brian, that stuff happens. Must of been a full moon, we broke off three fish as wellIMG_4542.JPGIMG_4549.JPGIMG_4538.JPG.... blamed my youngest lol couldn’t of been me I told him.... same for us, aka signalman and my youngest looked forward to a change from LO. Slow starting out on the west side. Once we got over to the east side it was steady pickings. Evil eyes on the riggers did the damage with some brutes on the dipsey flasher flys. And even the googlie eye fly made the board! All in all even with the fleas it was a fun day.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

8 hours ago, fisherdude said:

Showed up at deans and meet the bass guys at 4 : 45 am launching boats . Got my turn little after 5 am . Leaving the cove dodging bass boats inside the cove I'm making my way out through the cones. There's bass boats on each side of the little cone out area with their power poles down. There was two guys inside the cones blocking off the channel going out. I had to rock back and forth from forward to reverse and wait for these guys to get out of the way just to get out. Wish they stage outside the cove and out of the way of others .

Fished a little on the west side before turning east .made it out in the middle when we took our second hit on 300 copper down the chute. Landed a nice Laker 10 . 10 on the scale . Sorry no pics left the cell phone in the truck , buddy did get it on the go pro tho . Putting the copper back out I spider web the reel . What a mess took 2 of us 1 1/2 hours to get back in action . Think it even gave me a bad karma day emoji848.png we only did 6 fish total. Two were short locks and four Lakers.When we got back to the launch I meet a couple LOU guys and did well today . Went up to get the truck and found a warning from the park on the wind shield . Man did I sucked today ..emoji107.png. That's the way it goes sometimes I will do better next time . The warning was I have to use the empire pass at the pay machine . .IMG_20190707_122216024.thumb.jpeg.fcfaccbcda102e6960ded09b008934ea.jpeg

So even though you had the permit taped to the windshield they still gave a warning?  Mine is taped on as well but no warnings.....yet

So even though you had the permit taped to the windshield they still gave a warning?  Mine is taped on as well but no warnings.....yet
Yep I sure did get a warning. parking permit was my on my dash I seen a couple other warnings on windshields of other vehicles. I like using the parking permit card. Just another step to you use the park. Not digging location of the ticket machine. It bottlenecks the launch. I seen guys meet their charter there. They parked on top walk down the hill . find out they have to buy a ticket and have to walk back up the hill put the ticket in the vehicle. .

• Sad 1

I dint understand.  Even though I have the parking permit, I have to get a ticket at the booth?   Isn’t it free during the week?  How dies that work.?  

It explains what you have to do at the ticket machine . If you use the launch during the week and you're over 62 or whatever the ages has to be .you use your New York state driver's license. It can read the barcodes.

Big Brother is watching every move we the people do .

That’s news to me. Almost every launch I go to, I just have to leave the pass on the dash.  Seems a little dumb to walk up to a car in a lot, look at the guys empire pass for seniors, and then tell him to use the kiosk.  But then again, this is New York.

The only  launch that I go to, and believe me, I’ve been to a lot, that looks at the passes is at the small boat harbor in buffalo. At that launch, a man at the gate takes your pass and records the number and gives it back.  When he is not there, I simply leave the pass on the dash..

That’s news to me. Almost every launch I go to, I just have to leave the pass on the dash.  Seems a little dumb to walk up to a car in a lot, look at the guys empire pass for seniors, and then tell him to use the kiosk.  But then again, this is New York.
The only  launch that I go to, and believe me, I’ve been to a lot, that looks at the passes is at the small boat harbor in buffalo. At that launch, a man at the gate takes your pass and records the number and gives it back.  When he is not there, I simply leave the pass on the dash..
Deans cove Cayuga is a unman launch . I would guess by getting a ticket and the pay machine is a way they record your number. Thanks for saying now it works at other places. Sounds it's different at other places other than deans cove . At deans you can't use money to get a ticket . My buddy isn't up to date with the times . Doesn't do computers or carry a debit/ credit card. He pays one of the crew the 7 $ with a card .

40 minutes ago, jk1 said:

So at deans you dan not pay with a credit card anymore?  I am from out of state if that makes any difference......jk

Still the same for you but they moved the machine from the upper parking lot to the lower drive by the launch