Boat brands

If there "cheaper " there is a reason for that. If your fishing O as noted by Mr, Powell a express boat is a much better option. More room under the top to get out of the elements , cold, rain , heat ,sun and wind in the spring when the lake is cold ,especially if you have a crew of more than 2. No reason to be fishing from anywhere but the cockpit on O . If your bass /.pike  fishing and casting into the weeds I could see a walk around . What is your budget ? Boating along with fishing is a expensive hobby and the boat itself is probably the " cheapest " part of the process if you do it for any length of time . Are you going to dock it or trailer it ? What drive system are you looking for ?  Any particular length that you have targeted ?  

Edited by Bozeman Bob
  • Like 1

Unless it's a aluminum hull you are not going to find a boat in that weight class with your targeted length of 22 -32. Probably would try looking for a outboard to give you more deck space and less working parts than a I/O. Straight inboard will not cut it for any sort of creek fishing. With you weight concerns I think you can safely rule out just about anything over 23'.

If there "cheaper " there is a reason for that. If your fishing O as noted by Mr, Powell a express boat is a much better option. More room under the top to get out of the elements , cold, rain , heat ,sun and wind in the spring when the lake is cold ,especially if you have a crew of more than 2. No reason to be fishing from anywhere but the cockpit on O . If your bass /.pike  fishing and casting into the weeds I could see a walk around . What is your budget ? Boating along with fishing is a expensive hobby and the boat itself is probably the " cheapest " part of the process if you do it for any length of time . Are you going to dock it or trailer it ? What drive system are you looking for ?  Any particular length that you have targeted ?  

IMG_0253.JPG
I beg to differ lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I bought a Grady White Bimini 220 with a 175 outboard Evinrude on it. 1983 boat. Motor is 1993 with low time. $6500. I thought it was a good deal, and I still do. I replaced the transom this spring which I did myself. It cost roughly $2000. But at least now I know what I have. With any fiberglass used boat you run the risk of rotted plywood in the transom and it is difficult to know until you start ripping it out. But the equivalent boat new would probably be almost $70 or $80k. I put in a good FF, autopilot, and fishhawk. So I guess I have about 11k into it. It is a terrific fishing boat with plenty of room on the deck. It is a closed bow and has a nice soft top.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

With the new additional info about your desire for multi species fishing boat, not just a trolling boat, I'm modifying my previous recommendation to an aluminum, dual console, open bow boat with a layout similar to a Starcraft Fishmaster or Lund Tyee. With high sides and deeper V hulls, they are big water capable trolling boats that will be within your size and weight restrictions and their layout is flexible and open enough to be a decent multi species boat. Outboard power will serve your needs well for where you will be boating.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Angler Boy, I would suggest that you change your search approach from brands to looking at boat styles that are within your 3500lb tow limit and under $20,000.  Once you determine what might fall into that group, then you can look at specific brands.  This approach likely will point you in the direction of what Mr. Powell is suggesting.  I don’t believe you will see many walk around glass boats under 3500 lbs tow weight in a 22 ft plus size.  I’ve owned several and they were all in the 5,000 to 6,000 lb towing class size.

• Like 1