Unknown Leak!

Adk1

Have a 1990 Starcraft 221v. Has always taken on water and cannot find where. Just had the bellows replaced, no change. I know it's an aluminum riveted boat but just doesn't seem like it would leak as bad as it does. Have inspected the hull, all seems fine. Intake to the live well seems to be ok. Have not taken that apart though. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sometimes water comes in from the bilge pump outlet. On my islander that happened. The solution was redirecting the bilge hose so it was much higher inside the boat while the outlet stayed in the same place. Check valves are a big no no in bilge lines. (the bilge dirt gets them clogged and stuck).

Any old holes drilled into the transom, any current things like transducers attached to the transom?  Check those.

Check the hose and connections to the livewell.

Have to rule other things out before you focus on hull rivets.

I had a leak that I could not find for years (12 plus) on my 2004 Trophy 2352; started as a slow leak but progressively got worse.

It ended up being the gimbal housing gasket.

The manufacture did not cut the hole with a jig, and it was leaking from the day I bought the boat.

Has to replace the transom.....was not cheap.

It may be worth looking at this area.

Good luck.

Thanks guys. Had the gimble bearing and bellows replaced this year. I will try the water in the bilge trick while on the trailer

On 7/8/2019 at 10:35 PM, Adk1 said:

Have a 1990 Starcraft 221v. Has always taken on water and cannot find where. Just had the bellows replaced, no change. I know it's an aluminum riveted boat but just doesn't seem like it would leak as bad as it does. Have inspected the hull, all seems fine. Intake to the live well seems to be ok. Have not taken that apart though. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Check all the hoses. My sea Pro had a compartment  drain hose that leaked under the floor. I plug the thru hull and it stopped. plug one fitting at a time to locate the problem.