Landing Nets

I have for 4 years used an Ego S2 large net in my boat. I fish Lake Champlain mainly but lan to start fishing Big O. Never thought much about net size until 2 weeks back on a small local lake, when a 41 inch laker decided to play (profile pic). We got lucky and managed to get it in the net after a couple tense moments, but it left a lingering fear.

i love the S2 handle length, but need a bigger hoop. Does anyone make a hoop that I could screw my S2 handle to with a 30+inch hoop? Or does anyone else sell am extending net where the handle alone reaches 9ft? My boat configuration puts me 3ft from the back of the boat when netting, and then there is 20 inches of motor, and riggers that stick out.

not looking to spend a huge amount, but 100-150 is not out of reason. Really prefer something to attach to my current S2 handle if possible.

Hi Keith - Check out Ranger nets.  I don't know if they make a hoop for your S3 handle, but you can get handles up to 12' long with their optional handles.  I love their octagonal extendable handles.

Good luck!

I contacted grant at ego and sweet talked him into making me up 2 nets at 27X33. but that was a couple of yrs ago without any warranty. but I told him I would retract the handle on large fish. these work great on the 28"+ eyes we get on the central basin of erie. but not so much lately.

Where are ya located? Captains cove has big hoop extending handle nets for less than 100 bucks. I picked one up last week. They have the rubber coating on the net also. Cheapest I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ps. There on oak Orchard River.

I have one of those EGO slider nets, I use it for walleye fishing. Not sure I would trust that plastic handle/hoop combo especially extended out on a 20lb+ salmon. I use a Beckman coated net, 26x34x32 hoop with a 6-9ft extendable handle. Plenty big enough for salmon and all metal hoop/handle works great... you can find them at fishusa for $100

7 hours ago, mrk61 said:

Beckman makes a great net with a 9’ extension handle, oversized teardrop shaped hoop (31” x 36”) and 52”
basket. Fully extended it gives you a 13’ reach! I’ve got two, one for a back up and the biggest Kings disappear inside of it! emoji2.png
Get it from Fish USA!

IMG_5859.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Does the handle slide into the net for travel or detach? 9.5 ft unextended is a bit long for travel in my boat.

I have a Ranger with the long handle. It's way longer than my long EGO handle. Works great for netting over my twin outboards and collapses for storage. I also have 2 different EGO nets and I love them.