Lyme Disease.

dgio67

So i just found out i have it and tested positive for it.  Ended up in the hospital as they thought it was cellulitis and it was not.  Currently on antibiotics to treat it.  Has anyone else on here got it before?  if so any lasting issues with it.  I wear long sleeve shirts tucked into pants.  Guess i will start using bug spray as well. 

Thanks for the reply.  Good to know there is an end in site.  It really crushed me for a good week with fever fatigue and joint pain.  I know i am getting old but it felt like i aged 20 years.  I hear this is going to be a bad year and will be getting worse for the next couple years as well. 

I had it pretty bad. There can be lasting results or major health issues from it. I took oral antibiotics ( 2 different ones everyday ) for a year & IV antibiotics for 5 months then pills again for a while longer. Treated with one doctor for Lymes then after 1 1/2 years treated with another to rebuild my immune system.

Lymes is VERY SERIOUS !!!  Everyone seems to have different symptoms & ailments from it. I thought I was going to die. If misdiagnosed it can kill.

Dr. had me taking acidophilus to help my digestive tract also.

Then started taking https://www.naturessunshine.com/us/product/bifidophilus-flora-force-probiotics-90-caps/4080/

For me the bifidophilus helped a lot. 

They don’t know which antibiotics work so they keep switching until they find the ones that worked. I traveled to Hermitage, Pennsylvania to be treated by Dr. Joeseph Joseph. At that time he was known to be the doctor on the East coast to see for Lymes.  I have sent others to see him as he helped get me well. I do have arthritis from it but feel very fortunate that seems to be the worst I was left with. If you need anymore info text or call me.  814-460-1108 

Mick

Be patient, it may take quite a while to get feeling better. 

Permethrin is a big tick deterrent. Sawyers has a spray with permethrin. 

To remove a tick that is dug in : cover with any liquid dish soap for about 5 minutes. Rub counterclockwise around the tick. Should come right out.

I had it 2 summers ago. If it’s caught early and you get on the antibiotics it’s rare there will see lasting effects. I have a buddy that’s had it 3 or so times. He swears by asking the doc for an extra round of antibiotics. I was on doxycycline for 3-4 weeks and asked for another round. Doc complied and I was fine afterwards. Took all summer to get through the meds. Also, if you’re on doxy... it will cause your skin to become sensitive to the sun and burn in the sun. I wore long sleeves and pants in the boat. The backs of my hands got super red and scaly, I had to get some thin fingerless gloves for them. Good luck. Feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mine went from 0-hospital in 3 days.  i did the IV antibiotics and that stopped the rash from from spreading and after about a week it has faded.   ER doc said take doxycycline for 14 days, pharmacy said take for 10 and my doc said 3 weeks so it seems to be all over the place with treatment time as well.  The sun thing is for real.  I am outside a lot and it seems like i get really tired when the sun is out.  Want to get back out in the woods to work on the land again but not sure how much i can get done at this point.  They caught it early so i am hoping for the best.  I appreciate the responses and i think this is a good thread since most of us are out in the woods more than most. 

A 21 day dose of doxycycline is what my doc had suggested for people for the first dose. I too continued my outdoor activity fishing on Lake Erie at the time. Burnt like crazy, lol. I remember soaking Jersey gloves in the water to help stop the pain in my hands. Also wore long sleeves and big brim hat !

Wouldn’t wish this on anyone !  Hope you get feeling better but be patient !