Cayuga Algae Bloom ???

Possibly heading up to Cayuga but I'm hearing the algae bloom might be starting and I don't want a repeat of the last time I fished during the bloom last year , can anyone confirm a bloom or is it still good , the last post by Capt Mark looks like all is well !!!  but we are getting some real hot weather right now .

I fished long point tonight. Water is loaded with floating green skum. Fleas are staring.  I use bloodline so my lines were clear. But they were on the knots.  No swimming.  Like I said, water looks like green globs.  Anyway,  got Lakers , landlocks.  Standard 24 inch Lakers.  LL was 5 lbs.  Jumper. Went nuts.

Doesnt sound good !! it really shut down the fishing last year unless it was just a real slow bite that weekend and the algae didnt have anything to do with it , looks like this is going to be a every year occurrence , did anyone fishing last year notice that it hurt the fishing 

Bloom is severe as of last weekend, worst I have seen in last several years... worst seemed to be from Sheldrake south all around Myers looked horrible fleas were the worst I’ve seen in years bringing up 5 or 6 feet of them 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick ...all of that said I limited the boat out both trips on Sunday...pay close attention to temperature at depth had to clear rigger lines every 20 min but wire lines on dipsy chew through them stopped using cores on boards cause came back disgusting

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

yeah south of sheldrake was a mess all of my prop wash was green but then it cleared up sunday morning but the fish were kind of negative for us , we fished the Aurora area to south of sheldarke got two nice 27 to 28 inch lakers and a few smaller ones not what I would call real good fishing for us , there were fish everywhere we checked just not responding to the jig very well