Sold / Closed Penn 600 and 620 downriggers.

Penn 600 and 620 manual downriggers. One long arm one short and two planer board arms. Asking $400 for all. Ready to go. In Sodus Point

riggers.jpg

Edited by Pennfish
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pennfish said:

Were you interested?

I was curious about the planer booms because I've never seen them before, and never heard of them. I run inline boards right now, and I haven't convinced myself that I want to go back to running a big planer reel/board setup yet.

Big boards take up a lot of room on a boat. Inline boards are easier to store. Big boards track better than inline boards. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, as you know.

Edited by Todd in NY

For Trout and Salmon here At Sodus The big boards work best. You can run 3 or more lures off one board for browns in the spring and Lead core or copper for salmon and rainbows. I have in line boards (yellow birds) but don't use them much. Not a good thing to have on the line when a salmon or Rainbow hits. 

I agree, and I like the big boards for Lake Ontario. But I also troll with inlines on Oneida, Cranberry and other lakes as well.

I have Penn manual riggers already, with two of the short arm models on my little boat. I would only be interested in the 2 planer arms and the planer reel you have. I have an extra long arm Penn rigger that I could put the 2nd planer arm on.

22 hours ago, Todd in NY said:

I agree, and I like the big boards for Lake Ontario. But I also troll with inlines on Oneida, Cranberry and other lakes as well.

I have Penn manual riggers already, with two of the short arm models on my little boat. I would only be interested in the 2 planer arms and the planer reel you have. I have an extra long arm Penn rigger that I could put the 2nd planer arm on.

I want to sell them as a set. Sorry.