Just when you think you’ve got this whole salmon fishing thing down. 

Ive been fortunate to catch 2-3 everytime I’ve gone out since mid June. Not tonight.

We trolled from 90’ to 160’. 130’ was the depth we found to be productive. Went 0/7 with 3 break offs (!) and 4 weak hook sets. I’m running 30lb big game and 20lb seagar flouro. Been doing this for a few years and I’ve never seen anything like what happened to us last night. 

As funny as it is, it’s still sad that there’s some fish out there with my flasher fly setups and a meat rig set. 3 of the fishes surfaced and looked to be around 15-20lb. 

Flasher fly anything green “took” them. Lol. Also white flasher white meat rig has always been my hot producer took one almost immediately and is somewhere in Lake Ontario currently... speed 2.70. I don’t have a fish hawk so idk about at the ball. Hooked fish with a mag dipsey, tadpole/planer 120’ set, rest were riggers. 110’ and 60’ sets. 

good of luck to you guys! It was nice talking to the solo runner we met at the launch last night at 10!

Just when you think you’ve got this whole salmon fishing thing down. 

Ive been fortunate to catch 2-3 everytime I’ve gone out since mid June. Not tonight.

We trolled from 90’ to 160’. 130’ was the depth we found to be productive. Went 0/7 with 3 break offs (!) and 4 weak hook sets. I’m running 30lb big game and 20lb seagar flouro. Been doing this for a few years and I’ve never seen anything like what happened to us last night. 

As funny as it is, it’s still sad that there’s some fish out there with my flasher fly setups and a meat rig set. 3 of the fishes surfaced and looked to be around 15-20lb. 

Flasher fly anything green “took” them. Lol. Also white flasher white meat rig has always been my hot producer took one almost immediately and is somewhere in Lake Ontario currently... speed 2.70. I don’t have a fish hawk so idk about at the ball. Hooked fish with a mag dipsey, tadpole/planer 120’ set, rest were riggers. 110’ and 60’ sets. 

good of luck to you guys! It was nice talking to the solo runner we met at the launch last night at 10!

Don’t feel to bad . Same thing happen to me in the morning. One screamer is swimming around with my 10 core lead . Had 2 nice screamers on . 1-4 .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Where do you get 30# flouro? I’ve looked everywhere. I live in Mexico. 
I just bought a spool of it a couple weeks ago from either fat Nancy's or all season sports If not there I would think gander outdoors down in Cicero. If I were you I would just run your main line straight to the flasher I run leaders mostly because I'm running flea flicker 30 lb for main line and it's almost a white color

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Like Fat Trout said I run my 30# Big Game straight to my flasher on the riggers. With a diver I just use a piece of the leftover 30# Big Game for the diver to flasher leader. Never had a break-off except when I've spun the dipsy and gotten cut off on the wire.