Rig suggestions

I might start with 2 Spoons of Riggers, meat on rigger and dipsy, FF on other dipsy.  Then let the fish tell you what they want from there.  But, I ALWAYS have meat out.

Edited by orangediablo

My setup is 5 rods 

Put a flasher down   below bait and 2 spoons , one 10 ft above and one 10 ft below for starts on the riggers and adjust from there .  If the flasher is hot , put out another on the rigger and run one deepest and one shallowest  and the spoon between but keep them 10 ft apart . When I get ready to change I will drop thAt rod deep for a bit before popping it . Sometimes it works . But don't put everything at one depth , it scares the fish . 

Dipsys , one flasher and one spoon and you have it covered. 

The Gary D rig is still in R&D 

With boat issues that have been rectified, busy at work , trip to ADKs , and  planning a executing a party yesterday , there has been no time to fish . 

More reports soon . 

The Gary D rig is still in R&D 

With boat issues that have been rectified, busy at work , trip to ADKs , and  planning a executing a party yesterday , there has been no time to fish . 

More reports soon . 

Hmmm
R&D....Sounds like a marketing plan to me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A 5 rod spread was my bread and butter for years.  The most productive was running spoons on the riggers and flashers on the dipsys.  I would have 6 rods on board 3 rigger rods with 20# and 1 rigger rod with 30# and 2 wire dipsys.  I would run the spoons on the 20# rods and the 30# rod was for flasher rig.  Many days this time of year on the center rigger I replace the spoon with a white flasher with a blue fly (moonshine blue smothie was my favorite) for the first hour or so in the morning.  90% running in a "V" formation on a rare occasion "\".  Spoons to run: Moonshine Carbon 14, Moonshine Geezer, Moonshine Hulk, Moonshine Mad Man.  (Disclaimer: I am on Moonshine's pro staff)

Dipsys:

From my limited experience on Lake Ontario it is best to have 2-3 consistent flasher fly combos, don't keep buying what the radio and social media is selling, just pay attention to the major colors ie. Two face spin dr and hammer fly = white flasher with blue fly; Mt, Dew/hammer fly = yellow flasher & green fly.  I would run a white flasher on one side and a yellow on the other.  The flys I would run would be Black/glow, Blue/glow, Green/glow and mirage. Run 30# wire to the dipsy and 4'-5' of 50# between the dipsy and the flasher. 22" from the flasher snap to the back of the fly treble. 

Hope this helps!!

Everybody has their thing , maybe this   could be mine . 

All I know is it has,been very consistent for me . I am still working the bugs out on it  . I have a bunch of trolling flies and don't use them any more because I do well or better with it and more importantly , I have confidence with it .and what I post is real . 

Wish I had easy  access to plastic designer / mold maker . 

I could see this changing the way we fish or at least put another good arrow in our quiver . 

Headed out in the AM . Will let you know . 

3 hours ago, Pa223 said:

Hmmm
R&D....Sounds like a marketing plan to me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile 

Edited by HB2

7 minutes ago, HB2 said:

Everybody has their thing , maybe this   could be mine . 

All I know is it has,been very consistent for me . I am still working the bugs out on it  . I have a bunch of trolling flies and don't use them any more because I do well or better with it and more importantly , I have confidence with it .and what I post is real . 

Wish I had easy  access to plastic designer / mold maker . 

I could see this changing the way we fish or at least put another good arrow in our quiver . 

Headed out in the AM . Will let you know . 

Gary,

Look into a 3d printer.  They are fairly cheap and you can make a lot of cool things with them.