Just wanted to throw some quick information out there. Went out today of Henderson good marks and a few salmon 150 fow. But my heavens the FLEAS are terrible right now. Some of the worst i ever saw. Be prepared.  Tight lines!

• Like 1

thanks for update fleas and flies guess i wait a couple weeks to come back.

Flies so bad last time i was there and humid wanted to jump out boat that was july 4 and 5th

any updates appreciated

My flea solution works well.  Remove a bit of line from your reel.  Put on 150 ft of 50Lb test line than 10 ft 0f 25 lb test fluoro before the lure..  I use the cheap stuff from Wal mart. 50 # Shakespear or Omniflex.  $3 a spool of 150 yards.  So that is enough to do 3 reels.  A buck a reel.  Sometimes good things are cheap!!  The fleas cannot hold on to the thick 50 lb line down to the ball.   Never had the 50 break yet and did not notice any reduction in strikes.

• Like 3

No trouble on a ten color leadcore today, July 20. Not much trouble on wire either. Braid, forget it. I switched my braided lines to 30lb mono. Worked pretty well.

We get them on wire but not bad , comes off pretty easy, don’t know about lead 

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

13 hours ago, Bad Habit said:

What knot do you recommend to join 50Lb to 25lb mono. I tried a albright knot but it would get caught up in the guide on a daiwa 47 reel guide.

#10 spro swivel or surgeons knot if you really need mono to mono.  I used the surgeons knot when I fly fished saltwater.  never failed.  Trolling I do the spros.  Granted I'm fishing 30# flea flicker line not 50 #.  my flea flicker knots to spro make it through my 47's and 57 diawas no problem. 

14 hours ago, Bad Habit said:

What knot do you recommend to join 50Lb to 25lb mono. I tried a albright knot but it would get caught up in the guide on a daiwa 47 reel guide.

Uni to Uni.  You will not find a better knot IMO

• Like 2

Hi Charlie, I went 3 for 5 out of Fair haven yesterday afternoon  (7/23/19) on a solo trip. .  They were manageable.   The fight of the three fish I landed were not impaired at all by fleas (ie, I did not need to clear  them at the tip top during the fight)..  I use 30# or 40# Ande mono lines on the riggers.  I use 30# wire on the diver rods with 30# Ande clear leaders.   I bring in all lines at least  every hour and clear them off at the knots and connections  where they seem collect.   

Tight lines & good fishing. 

We fished out of Oak Orchard today and the fleas were terrible. I've switched over most of my reels to 40+ lb Ande or Big Game, so not many problems there, but one still has 20lb sufix mono. At the end of about 3 hours on the downrigger, that line collected a 3.5' rope of fleas. The 50lb zebco stuff from Wal-Mart that was mentioned earlier works well. 

Another thing that can  be done  to allow line through the line guide (if done carefully) is to open up the line guide just a slight bit (e.g..by wedging a large screwdriver)It helps let swivels through too and doesn't create any problems (I have had ten of them that way for years).