I know this may sound dumb

I caught a king in the Salmon River that looked like it had run through a tackle shop it had so many broken off flies and sponges and rubber eggs, etc etc etc stuck all over its body.  And I retrieved a fly I had broken off in a large Rainbow out by Sodus one spring morning when I caught the fish later the same day on a different fly.

I haven't caught one but it reminded me of some good luck I had last year. I had my line break with a flasher-fly and a cheater line and  spoon, like $15-20 worth of hardware gone so I thought. I looked back and the fish was flopping around on the surface so I thought what the hell and turned around got in the front with my net and scoop him out of the water with all my lures. Cool! 

Last August had wire dipsy fire felt fish on the line however didn't feel right ,noticed leadcore wrapped  around wire had to handline entire mess into boat tangled in wire was about 100' leadcore ,stinger NBk and a live king 18-20 pounds.

I've told this story before....100% true btw.....a bunch of years back was fishing on canandaigua lake and one of my dipsey rigs broke off upon deployment. Re rigged and made a pass back through where I lost my rig and caught a giant smallmouth with my previous rig hanging from its mouth.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I know it sounds like Major BS , but on a bible its true, while Halibut fishing in SE Alaska, I hooked what felt like a brute, 30 seconds in its gone. Reeled up and found broken hook, 30 seconds later my buds reel starts singing, 15 minutes later a 163 lb flattie is in the boat. The boys filleting the fish found a broken hook in its throat that perfectly matched the end I still had

Edited by Tradman

Many years ago fishing on Chautauque Lake for walleye, we were using jigging rapalas and using that jerk hard and let the rapala flutter dowm technique. I hooked a nice walleye and he broke me off. About 15 minutes later my buddy gets a walleye on same method, gets it to the boat and hanging out of the mouth is my rapala. Was a 7lb walleye, we were using 8lb test with very small raps.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So all that stuff about the hook quickly rotting out if left in a fish is bunk, or were those brown trout snagged during the spring months?  C'mon Rick, if you are going for cheap shots and generalizations, at least make them believable (not ALL tributary fish are snagged, or King Davy and the rest of the non poacher trib anglers never break off a legally hooked fish!) .  Or should I start talking about all the J-plugs we find in the outside of those fall mudsharks you guys all "power troll" for?

Several times I have caught fish with intact spoons on the other side of their mouth. In fact once, I took that spoon and caught another fish with it that day!

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant

• Like 1

I had a meat rig, flasher and mag dipsey all snap off on me last week. There goes $50worth of gear. I felt terrible. If the fish still had the setup hooked to it’s mouth, there’s no way even a brute salmon will be able to feed or even hold up a mag dipsey. Unless it comes unhooked, he couldn’t live long. 

Last sept we hooked a leadcore bundle, along with a flasher fly plug and slide diver. Lol someone was not pleased with that situation. 

Growing up on the river, you’d see fish pass by with hooks and eggs everywhere, mainly the tail. Pretty sad.