Fished 6am to 11. Got three nice Kings, 18, 20 and 22 lb. Lost three others. Straight out from smokestack. 150 to 200 FOW. Spoons and Spin doctors with flys. Ten color leadcore took one hit and lost it. Downrigger took 2. Slide diver at 150 back took one. 80 feet was good on downrigger. Fair amount of bait balls. One guy from Pittsburgh at dock had a 27 pounder. Said he was out at 420 FOW. 3 TO 5 FOOTERS when we came in. Lake was building through the morning.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

I know that , I was wondering with the winds out of the sw 14-20 what kind of waves could be expected, I know over here on western end of Lake Erie, probably 3-4 but it’s shallow 

With the winds this coming weekend what can be expected as far as waves
I'm learning that unless the NOAA forecast says one foot or less, expect a rough lake. 2 feet or less forecast is rough but probably fishable (depending on the boat). 1 to 3 feet is a crap shoot. Yes, double the forecast. 1 to 3 means 2 to Six. If there's a space or lull between the waves, ie "rollers", it's better. If the waves are closer, forget it. A closed bow deep V boat 18 foot or larger is pretty much required for all but 1 foot or less forecasts. Aluminum boats will be tossed around more than fiberglass. This is based on my 4 years of experience on lake Ontario and Erie, as I live close to both. Not an expert, but I believe this to be true.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Were heading up Thursday to Sunday, from the looks of it Saturday afternoon might get a little interesting but other than that should be good to go 
Sunday is not looking very good right now. The forecast has been pretty consistent the last few days with the winds picking up Saturday afternoon thru Monday. My wife and I are heading up Saturday morning thru Monday. I wish someone with experience up there with south or southwest 15 to 20 mph winds would give us an idea of what the lake might be like. I know that on Erie I would not be fishing in those winds.Screenshot_20190724-133023_Windfinder%20Pro.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, Fishmaster 196 said:

Sunday is not looking very good right now. The forecast has been pretty consistent the last few days with the winds picking up Saturday afternoon thru Monday. My wife and I are heading up Saturday morning thru Monday. I wish someone with experience up there with south or southwest 15 to 20 mph winds would give us an idea of what the lake might be like. I know that on Erie I would not be fishing in those winds.Screenshot_20190724-133023_Windfinder%20Pro.jpeg

If we get in to them I’ll let you know,

Sunday is not looking very good right now. The forecast has been pretty consistent the last few days with the winds picking up Saturday afternoon thru Monday. My wife and I are heading up Saturday morning thru Monday. I wish someone with experience up there with south or southwest 15 to 20 mph winds would give us an idea of what the lake might be like. I know that on Erie I would not be fishing in those winds.510596116_Screenshot_20190724-133023_Windfinder20Pro.thumb.jpeg.0f6f02db7844cf0aeb2b9dd8a4c59b3b.jpeg

South is good to go. Sw is a tough call at the 15-20 mark. If it was me and that was the only chance I had to go, id be planning to send it. If that's accurate 100% then you will prob have 2-3'rs. BUT, the weatherman has been wrong a few times and more west or any N or E and your in for a rough day. Watch the harbor webcam hourly....