Cayuga Algae Blooms on Cayuga

What does everyone think about the algae blooms on Cayuga?  I've got a vacation scheduled and wanted to bring my dog out in the boat, but we usually use water to cool things off for her.  I'm concerned about her safety with the reported algal blooms.  Thoughts?  I also read that you shouldn't fish or eat fish caught in/near the blooms.  What do they consider "near"?

I'm a HAB harrier and own a cottage on Cayuga.

Yes, there has been pretty much lake wide Cyanobacteria (Algae blooms this July).  Our beach front has looked quite bad a few days.  Fortunately the sample results for these blooms have showed quite low toxin results based on drinking and swimming standards. The samples we take are typically a very concentrated wind blown pocket (worst case scenario). See here- https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=ae91142c812a4ab997ba739ed9723e6e

The toxin levels are what would effect humans and animals.

We have a dog and and my wife has very sensitive skin and our family has had no issues.  We follow the DEC recommendations.  Simply, if it looks like there is active bloom go to another part of the lake for your swimming.  As the season continues, the types of cyanobacteria concentrations and the levels of toxins can change.  Continue to monitor the above website for these changes.

Hope this helps......