Sodus 7/2219 very wet but fun

My son and I got out on the water about 6:30 AM and it took another nearly half hour at the 5 mph speed limit from the launch to the lake via the bay. We headed out to 100 ft to start as the water was very mixed temps all over the place. In one spot it would be 74 degrees to 80 ft and then another we would find 50 degree water at 70 ft over 100-205 ft. We had a small salmon right off the bat in 125 ft on green home made fly behind mountain dew flasher out 175 on wire with deeper diver set at 2 and then the wind and rain came up strong out of the west and stayed with us the entire time until we quit at 11:30. The weather report earlier said 4 mph SW at that time of the morning.....what else is new?:lol:

About a half hour before we quit a raging king hit the wire rig and took line like there was no tomorrow. He fought courageously right up til to the very end and weighed in at 21 lbs and change. He slammed a combo green and white home made fly behind a green flasher on deeper diver set to 1 1/2 and out 165 in 126 ft of water. Those were the only two bites despite having out several spoons of various colors and sizes at a time. No action on the two cheated riggers or the 10 color leadcore run down the chute.....an all flasher fly limited bite and no action on a couple different Spin Docs. We returned home soaked right through but it was good just being out there. Mark did all the reeling today:smile:.Incredibly strong current activity. Very light boat traffic.

Markking1.jpg

markking.jpg

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

Thanks guys I know you do the same as far as your kids.....important no matter what age. I just noticed that I have a correction to make in the report the second salmon was caught on a green Spin Doc....they say memory is the second thing to go :lol: Good thing I took pics:lol: