Bimini for 1989 Sea Nymph GLS195

JBK

Hello

I would like to get a Bimini for my 1989 Sea Nymph GLS195.

I have not used a Bimini before but I think the type that connects to the windshield, with the plastic windows in front would be nice.

Is there an advantage to the type that is just a roof?  Maybe east to make fit aftermarket?

Can anyone refer me to a place that could sell a top like this for the 1989 boat?

Thanks,

JBK

Just a suggestion: Although the retail marketed bimini's may work the best solution is to have one custom made for your particular situation and boat by a competent canvas person; that way you have input into the process itself. Many of the manufactured bimini's have various shortcomings which can be avoided if you have a thorough knowledge of your boat and just what you are looking for. If you are anywhere Sodus Point. Contact John Mann of Sodus Bay Canvas. He is the best around and has seen and dealt with every canvas situation imaginable.

Phone: 315-871-6400

JBK, suggest that it might help your search if your description was a bit more detailed.  Your initial description of connecting to the windshield with a plastic window in front is normally referred to as a “stand up top”.  A Bimini is normally open at the front and rear without connecting to the windshield or offering an enclosure.  Why this is important is that the structure supporting the canvas is different for a Bimini vs a top.  A Bimini is more universal by design and  tops are more boat specific which can be more costly.

Fyi, you may want to get a custom top for your gls Mine is original and I can't stand up under it. I am 6' ft. Not comfortable.

20190515_193114.jpg

20190515_184804.jpg

Edited by line guy
Add pics