Where to begin  ?  I will try to keep it short . Went 8 for 11 one laker the rest kings. All on  Spindoctors flys/ meat.Riggers at 80 and 90 with meat .Wire out 225and 240 with flys.East of the bay in 100 to 230 was the best with one Double can’t believe I landed them. Here’s pictures of the better fish but all the king were   At least  teens  

AB6D22A5-B329-4787-9FC7-BE30423AFECB.jpeg

4BBE2A62-3D88-4E07-BE27-039C3F53994D.jpeg

4190025E-E3E9-42E0-BE6C-D2DCF7840E0C.jpeg

22BF543C-8896-4063-BC08-38EBA7057479.jpeg

99A88379-6558-4E3E-A413-D24934659F50.jpeg

• Like 3

Morningdew,  I don't have much experience releasing mature salmon after catching them (only small ones which are usually easy

to shake of the hook and back in) .  I'm assuming some were released to fight another day.  I was wondering if they release okay after being caught?  

Thanks in advance.  

I don't have much luck releasing them. They float away. Unless you get them on a rigger (short line) im thinking most of them will die. Maybe if you drag them by the mouth you can reinvigorate them. Have not tried that yet. I need one of those gizmos. But also, they are almost always bleeding bad too.

Morningdew,  I don't have much experience releasing mature salmon after catching them (only small ones which are usually easy
to shake of the hook and back in) .  I'm assuming some were released to fight another day.  I was wondering if they release okay after being caught?  
Thanks in advance.  

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I pick up one of these a couple of years ago and it definitely improved our successful release rate. The scale is a little hard to read but pretty accurate.

image.thumb.png.6c6c5980e50361e853e8347bbd44ece5.png

IMG_0491.JPG
X2. Can’t beat a Boga Grip. And to your point the scale is scary accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thank you garrymny, Bad Habit, and whaler 1,

On solo trips I usually quit fishing when I catch my legal limit since it is hard not to to release the mature fish without damaging them on the deck.

When I fish with a crew in the Spring or Early summer we keep the fish in the bag of the net 

and remove the hook without letting the the fish hitting undergo any further trauma  and get the fish quickly back in the water with good success.  

I will try using the bota grip for releasing  on my next trip.  Thanks!

I love the king and coho salmon and enjoy smoking and grilling them and admire them for their beauty and their hard fighting sporting qualities. 

We are blessed to have this resource.  In parts of SE Alaska this year there are severe restrictions on fishing for kings due to shortages. 

Hats off to Morningdew for doing so well and landing double while fishing solo.  It is good to share information.  Thanks.