Kicker Motor Speed Control

Have run Trollmaster 2 for 10 years- definitely worth the money.  Only downside is lack of being waterproof- I used some rtv and electrical tape to seal mine which has helped.  I would also look at itroll for waterproof feature.

I just installed the PYTHON Steering and the I Troll!! I cant believe how much this has changed our steering plus the different patterns set up in the ITroll has made my boat able to make big S turns speed up slow down aith more idle control at your finger tips with a more precise speed adj ay the ball. Now 3-4 guys can fish instead of one having to steer the boat manually esp. If you have power steering.

Edited by Xxx
  • Like 1

I don’t think the Trollmasters are very precise. Lots of threads online about it and how to upgrade servo, etc., to improve it.

I just threw mine out. Between the lcd crapping out and jumping half a mile an hour when you only want a tenth it just wasn’t worth it to me. I’m back to using the tiller handle on my 9.9 merc

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 5 months later...

I use trollmaster wired corntrol on my honda 20 kicker on my alumacraft ,Never a problem .

I use a trollmaster remote on my 9.9 yamaha kicker on my trophy. The remote will loose memory of where it is sometimes ,so when I want to speed up I have to start at the bottom again.

On the trophy I love the remote around my neck,I can fish like everyone else in the boat.i do not have to be at the wheel. Also if your boat is big enough to keep the main motor at idle in gear then the kicker has a easy job. kicker is to just bump up or down.may sound crazy to run both ,but each motor is barely running ,and I dont worry about the main engine not starting when I'm 10-12 miles out.

20190519_195140.jpg

So between the trollmaster, itroll, and controlking, 

Do these only allow you to set spot on the throttle and it holds it there? or will it maintain a speed? 

example, going with current at a #4 setting, to maintain wanted trolling speed. If you turn against current would you need to amp up to a #6or#7 to get the desired speed or does it have a gps built in to get the desired speed. Hope that wasnt too wordy

So between the trollmaster, itroll, and controlking, 

Do these only allow you to set spot on the throttle and it holds it there? or will it maintain a speed? 
example, going with current at a #4 setting, to maintain wanted trolling speed. If you turn against current would you need to amp up to a #6or#7 to get the desired speed or does it have a gps built in to get the desired speed. Hope that wasnt too wordy

It is my understanding that you have to periodically make throttle adjustments in situations like a current or direction of troll change. I’m gathering that these units, at least in the case of the Trollmaster or Control King, they allow minute/fine throttle adjustments that you would not be able to achieve with just the tiller or helm throttle control.
I’ve decided to go with the TM as I don’t need the additional programming features offered by the itroll. I just need precise throttle control and for that I don’t need to spend 1.5 x more on an itroll.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The iTroll adjustments are much finer. Had a trollmaster on the last boat no comparison in my opinion.

It is more money, but worth it I feel. Also the guy thats runs iTroll (think his name is Joel) is great with handling customer service needs.

Mounted mine to the SB side downrigger rod holder plate. (at the suggestion of another member)

Can easily be adjusted by anybody on board without having to go to the helm.

Also wired in a secondary run/idle button underneath the gunnel of the port side.

IMG_7583.JPG

3 minutes ago, MINNOWNITE said:

This pricing seem wrong or am i missing something?

https://www.amazon.com/TrollMaster-TM200HWKIT-Hardware-Honda-1980-2000/dp/B07DTHXMHW

I'll bet the picture is wrong, if you order you will probably just get the hardware kit portion.

If you read the description below it states "hardware kit only"

Maybe contact the seller(s) to be sure