Canandaigua Canandaigua

I work in Canandaigua and I was thinking about hauling the boat down next week for some afternoon trolling. Never trolled the finger lakes and I'm looking for a little info. I know there are rainbows there and I think Lake Trout, how and where would be the best way to target them.

This is my home lake if after rainbows stay in the top 40 feet troll medium spoon the stranger the colors the better Lake trout about 80 feet natural colors points are best. If need more help just seed me a request good luck also some nice browns in here 

Unless just fishing very early in the AM until about 9:30 or 10 am fish the south end. This is the height of the recreational boating season and the north end launch can be a real zoo even on weekdays. There is usually less boat traffic at the south end. Small Sutton spoons (e.g. #5, #8 etc.) work well with the rainbows if you have them. Number 35's were working well on the lakers a short time ago. The rainbows also like small #7 and 9 Rapalas and Bomber Long A's especially in the gold/orange belly version.The area out toward the middle near Vine valley and the Bristol Harbor condos usually has both rainbows and lakers and the occasional brown, Speed:2.4-3.2  with frequent turns.