Advise needed for Setting up a boat

Fishtails

I have a 24 ft. Sea Ray flybridge that I am setting up for the lake. It's never been used as a fishing boat so I'm pretty much setting it up from scratch. I sold all my electronics, riggers, etc. with my last boat, so I need it all.

With such a large nut to spend, I'm wondering where I should buy top of the line and where I can get by with a little less to start with,and upgrade in a year or two.

I have a garmin gps installed and a Super Ski planer board and mast...and that's it. I'm thinking I should spend a little more on a furuno ff and a little less on the riggers to start. I have never used a Walker...are they crap or would they be alright to start with?

Cabelas has a good special on them. Walker coho electric riggers are only $289 with a free walker 8.5 ft downrigger pole. Seems cheap. They crank 200 ft per min...not super sonic but faster than I can crank a manual:) What do you think?

Any advise on setting up the boat would be greatly appriciated. I'm all ears!

Thanks!!

Rod

Fishtails.. I wouldn't hesitate on the Walker downriggers. I've been running the same ones for 15 years without a problem. They lack a few features some of the others have, but they go up and down just fine! Good luck with your new ride.. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)