Changed it up a bit. Took off from Mexico point at 1:30, launch was packed. Headed north towards sandy pond and enjoyed the beach til about 5:30. Then took off, out directly to the plant until about 75’. Ran a spoon pattern plus one meat rig, one flasher/fly. Ended up 2/3, 14# king and 9# laker. King on nbk spoon on dipsey 180’ out in 95’, laker on glow white flasher/white meat rig on rigger 79’ down in 79’ fow. 

Not a glorious night but its my first laker. Growing up, that’s all we fished for so he is special to me!

230F7FD0-1D98-426B-A5EC-FB1AD7A80216.jpeg

75439034-A2FD-4C91-A4FB-F47A6F557C42.jpeg

071CB608-8ACB-4F51-A1A5-99FA2F4F6D84.jpeg

26CA1A77-0726-46E8-A982-88C6B2DD2EDC.jpeg

CEE363AE-F678-4EAA-8090-946149CF42F1.jpeg

• Like 1

Also had this happen, which continues my incredibly bad luck with tackle. Salmon broken off an NBK spoon at the swivel. This is a true story and the second time it’s happened on two seperate batches of swivels.
DFA0B394-1B5B-4480-8DEC-4E889A228304.thumb.jpeg.ee7c1d6d04faad714981e4b755abc5be.jpeg
I dont use that style anymore because of that potential. I had too many times where i went to change a lure and it was unclipped but i swear i had done it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 minute ago, Fat Trout said:

I dont use that style anymore because of that potential. I had too many times where i went to change a lure and it was unclipped but i swear i had done it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yup same here, I use coastlock style snaps now. If you look the weight rating is significantly stronger on the same size coastlock snap when compared to the other style.

Nice. This thread has turned more into a swivel class lol which is great. Honestly I just get the largest ones I can find. I’m glad to learn more about a simple piece of tackle that I’ve never really paid attention to. One charter captain told me to avoid the swivel with the pointed end vs. having a round end because it lets the spoon wobble more freely as opposed to being reduced to one point at the swivel. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Nice. This thread has turned more into a swivel class lol which is great. Honestly I just get the largest ones I can find. I’m glad to learn more about a simple piece of tackle that I’ve never really paid attention to. One charter captain told me to avoid the swivel with the pointed end vs. having a round end because it lets the spoon wobble more freely as opposed to being reduced to one point at the swivel. What do you guys think?

That’s why I run Dreamweaver, nice throat on them yo give the lure some wiggle room

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app