We left the dock a little past 5  with the moon nowhere to be seen. We set up in a hundred feet of water and that proved to be magical. We did not have a chance to set a full spread because we hooked into 4 good sized kings almost at the get go. Finally by 6 we got our spread completely in the water while there were 4 kings in the box as well. Then it was quiet until around 9 o'clock when things went crazy. Within 20 minutes we were hooked into 5 fish and had to keep the lines apart. Somehow through amazing team work we netted all 5 fish without any tangles or other F--ups. For me this is a first quintuple, but it made me realize how multiple year team discipline pays of. We had a great time and this a trip that we will tell stories about.

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 2

Most of the marks were around 75 foot down, and as the sun came up they went another 10 feet deeper.

My advice would be to stay under the thermocline but , whenever a bait ball shows up, to go to the lower part of the bait ball no matter how deep or high it is. This works well with 11 inch flashers and meat

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 2