Cayuga Cayuga 7-28

Have not fished in a month.Went out of Meyers around 5:30 this afternoon after the storm passed.Got out over deep water . 1st rod fired before I could get the 2nd rod down.Took quite awhile to get six rods down . Just a steady pick till we pulled them around 7:30. Quality lakers .just the perfect fish for my amateur crew members. All colors ,everywhere.

I did not see any seafleas,but I run 50lb test ande line. I did see a few lamprey scars but no lamprey. I seen a lot of weeds more to the east side.Marked lots of huge bait pods with fish around them. Color or presentation did not seem to matter.  The Cayuga megabite continues....

• Like 1

The silvers are harder than normal to come by this year. The south end is FULL of short landlocks as well which makes targeting decent silvers a bit harder. Just when everything is running right almost every rod will fire with landlocks 17" and under. Had to grind from 545 til 1030 sunday to catch a brown and a landlock that were legal. Caught lakers in the mix but definitely a challenge. Can't help but think it could have something to do with the "off" color of the water aswell. Had a decent spring with some quality silvers buy it's been tricky since the lake colored up after the heavy rains in June. Hopefully it gets better from here on out!

Edited by suttontroller94

Agreed with the tough conditions for catching the silvers. Or BT spot was loaded with surfacing and jumping browns in the early am. Even had a couple in our spread jump. Didn't budge a rod though. Managed to land three nice Lakers for our FLTA event and had a great day with my wife n sister on board.. looking forward to the Margeit on the tenth! 

15526.jpeg