Hey guys I'm coming up in September that's the first time I salmon fish since the late 80s I want to try that meat rig can anyone tell me what the meat is that they put on the end of the rig and where can i get it.

i usually go through one  package per trip and often land two or three per strip.  Based on the other things you spend money on $16 per trip is reasonable in my opinion.  I seldom run more than two rods with meat in my 4 rod set.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Captsmate said:

I fish the jersey shore and there are huge schools of bunker an mackerel so i think i will try strips fr that aye.i fish for tuna and thats expensive. That link i got said 160.00 for herring

Local bait shop will have package portions. The link you looked nat is for bulk, typically a dozen or more packages 

• Like 1

At the risk off sounding like a real PITA just keep in mind that your meat strips should technically list the ingredients on the package be they commercial or not. We went through a long period when regulations prevented the use of these products and some Great lakes states are still very restrictive.

• Like 2

At the risk off sounding like a real PITA just keep in mind that your meat strips should technically list the ingredients on the package be they commercial or not. We went through a long period when regulations prevented the use of these products and some Great lakes states are still very restrictive.

This is correct. The bait being used needs to be VHS CERTIFIED and approved by the DNR.

Check out The BIG ONE Cut Bait. It is the Original Alewfie Cut Bait in the Great Lakes and the Original to use GLOW MEAT processing. It also does not need to be refrigerated which helps when the cooler ice melts and the bait starts to turn funky. There’s no wasted strips.

You can find it at thebigonecutbait.com or bigweeniebrand.com

https://shop.bigweeniebrand.com/product.sc;jsessionid=0415917A03B7A0BCE421816E3E50D562.p3plqscsfapp005?productId=1335&categoryId=1

IMG_1823.thumb.jpg.b4cf6c0db6062ddb3527f91878cb180d.jpgIMG_1746.thumb.jpg.4be7dc63c6397eb6b96a7df4623e9633.jpgIMG_1711.thumb.jpg.38e52bc6256595ffa0b80f528c66a0d2.jpgIMG_1598.thumb.jpg.b08cb2a1d3ba6b479e5f70fff56640ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On July 30, 2019 at 8:03 PM, Pa223 said:

15 dollars too much and you fish for salmon? I must be missing something lol. This stuff is ridiculously expensive lol

Yup I agree I bet I would be paying $100/lb if I totaled everything up easily
Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app