Can a fixed diver be used like a slide diver?

Can someone explain the setup for using a fixed dipsy diver like a slide diver.  I have read some place on this site about guys using dipsy diver like a slide diver.  Using some type of pinch pad type releases that you can put on a fixed dipsy that will allow the diver to be connect to the wire after you let out say 25 feet of wire.  It will run just like a slide diver, but you don’t have the difficulty related to storing the slide divers or the need to go out and buy a set of slide divers.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

10 hours ago, Fishbowl836 said:

Can someone explain the setup for using a fixed dipsy diver like a slide diver.  I have read some place on this site about guys using dipsy diver like a slide diver.  Using some type of pinch pad type releases that you can put on a fixed dipsy that will allow the diver to be connect to the wire after you let out say 25 feet of wire.  It will run just like a slide diver, but you don’t have the difficulty related to storing the slide divers or the need to go out and buy a set of slide divers.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

I believe what you're talking about was a post I made on here. I still run them like this with no issues so far, mainly because I fish with my father a lot. He is mobility challenged so it was impossible to have him walk back a dipsey rod to net the fish. Also was a pita for me to try and handline in the leader and net the fish. Now I unclip the dipsey and he reels in the fish. Another reason I do it this way instead of slide divers is I already had a bunch of dipsey divers and a bag of OR-16 clips was cheaper than buying a bunch of slide divers.