The guys that know me know I love to compete ...... however until my kids turn me down they are my “team”. I have 5 kids (3 with wife and 2 working towards adoption). I cherish every chance I get to hunt, fish, and hike with my kids. Time sure does fly. Thanks for the compliments, Kamaniie loves reading everyone encouraging words.
We’ll be out their off Braddocks Saturday again. I’ll be in tight on bait till it shuts off then back to 550fow looking for steelhead.
If I can every help give a shout

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Jeremy,
Really appreciate your fishing reports. This is my first year fishing for salmon on lake Ontario by myself, your reports are an invaluable source of information.
Just wondering why you we're targeting 60 degree water? Bait balls? Marking fish?
Thanks,
Mark

Sent from my moto x4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Loaded question [emoji6].
When I first started I chased temperature hard. I focused on “optimal” king temp 42-50degree water. As guys helped me over the yrs I realized a King will eat in any temp. At first light/sun down (any active feeding time) fish the marks your seeing, don’t stress temp. If your seeing hooks on bait then that’s your target depth. Keep changing presentations until you get them to bite. If you’ve exhausted options with no luck try sliding just outside the Bait. A lot of times getting kings to bite that are on bait is frustrating. So I targeted that warm water simply because they were there and feeding.
Now if you go out and screens are blank then I park a rigger in 50degrees and work above and below until something works. Tons of trial and error and you’ll get confident in your choices.
I’v been blessed over the yrs to have top notch fisherman keep me dialed in (to be fair they like to see my kids on fish [emoji23]). Paul Czarnecki has chimed in over the yrs **** slapping my style of chasing cold water kings. As I finally took the advice my catch skyrocketed. Listen to to the experts advise and create your own style, very rewarding

• Like 2

Thank you,
Yes I run wire.
Being I fish with my daughter mostly I run 6’ leads on meat, 8 leads on FF, and 12’ leads on spoons. If I’m tournament fishing with some knowledgeable guys you can about double those lengths.
My normal spread when with my daughter is 2 riggers (cheated ), 2 wire dipsy, and 2 long lines on planer mast. If it’s insanely slow I add a shoot rod . Usually ten color and short coppers in the morning in warmer water, and longer coppers as the bite slows down.
I always start with spoons (cheated ) on riggers and FF off everything else until I see what they want. Usually I throw meat in the mix when I make my first lure change.

• Like 1

Jeremy is a real good example of what LOU is really all about.....loving a sport, putting your heart into it, sharing with others, and being a good sport. Kids are the future of America and the future of the sport of fishing as well and early positive exposure to it is the key. :yes:

• Like 2

Had a friend out today out of Braddocks and he grabbed some nice kings same area. 100-120 was his best depth. The inside water keeps getting reallllllly warm. Saturday I’m hoping to go way offshore if weather lets me. I’ll keep every one posted if it’s good out there. I’ll be on channel 72 if your in range[emoji6].

Jeremy is a real good example of what LOU is really all about.....loving a sport, putting your heart into it, sharing with others, and being a good sport. Kids are the future of America and the future of the sport of fishing as well and early positive exposure to it is the key. :yes:
What he said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have to agree with SK8MAN. Jeremy is a class act. I sent him a private message about his boat and he was very helpful and even offered up a ride. That is amazing in my mind. Jeremy along with Yankee Troller have always answered any question I have asked and that means a lot about a person in my mind. Speaks volumes about the sport but also speaks volumes about some ones character. I know there is many others guys that help and we are all so lucky to have people like that on this site!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 5