Hunting Leases - Southern Tier

Hello.

I have three hunting leases available for sale.

The first is 29 acres in the Town of Wirt, Allegany County, NY. It is mostly a grove of acorn-bearing oak trees. We are asking $590 per year.

The second is 250 acres in the Town of Lyndon, Cattaraugus County, NY, It is woods and fields right behind the main farm, has been posted and patrolled for years, has not been hunted in over a decade. We are asking $4,500 per year.

The third is 426 acres in the Town of Lyndon, Cattaraugus County, NY. It is woods and fields, swamp, contains a grove of acorn-bearing oak trees. It has a cabin that you may use, but it is derelict and has no electricity. We are asking $7,242 per year.

I am a professional forester, working on behalf of the owner. My website is at www.pcforestry.com. You may email me at [email protected] if interested. I will send you maps of the properties, you may inspect them, and can phone me if you are ready to sign a lease for one of them. These are all the leases I have. A lease gives you exclusive rights for all wild game hunting seasons for one calendar year. (excluding fur trapping). You may put up tree stands, but only commercially made ones that do not put screws or nails into the trees. We are managing intensively for sawtimber, so we don't allow cutting of shooting lanes or making feed plots. No camping is allowed on the 2 leases that don't have the cabin on them. ATVs are allowed only for deploying or retrieving tree stands, or for retrieving downed game. I have never hunted these properties, but have a long working experience on all three and can attest that deer and turkey are abundant on all three.

• Like 1

For those of us who are fortunate to not have to pay today's going rate on hunting leases remember how much land leases cost and treat your landowners accordingly!  Thanks for posting Pete...it reminds me to make sure I'm doing all I can to help out on the farm I hunt.

• 5 weeks later...

I am relagated to only hunting public lands in NY. I cannot see paying $5 to To 7k to hunt. Since I hunt alone, I would have to bear the full cost. These leases are for the wealthy, or for a group of hunters to split the cost. I remember growing up in PA, nothing was posted. We hunted every where no problem. Times have changed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...