Got up there around 1230 PM went 9 for 14 meat was responsible for 9 of the 14 hits. Fished from 100 to 240 fow in front of the plant 90 to 95 down. Saw 2 boats heading in when we first got out there and didnt see another boat all afternoon. 2 of the fish were small so they were released

20190731_203023.jpg

• Like 2

This is the report I was hoping to see. I wish I could gauge the waves better bc the reports I look at say 1 ft’ers or less and then people say it was rough. I’ll b up fishing sat afternoon and Sunday morning and was thinking about hitting the same spot. I also have a targa but the v 18. Beside the meat what were u guys using? What was your trolling speed ? Trolling direction? I’m pretty new at this so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

43 minutes ago, Td1988 said:

This is the report I was hoping to see. I wish I could gauge the waves better bc the reports I look at say 1 ft’ers or less and then people say it was rough. I’ll b up fishing sat afternoon and Sunday morning and was thinking about hitting the same spot. I also have a targa but the v 18. Beside the meat what were u guys using? What was your trolling speed ? Trolling direction? I’m pretty new at this so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

LOL! The Lake Ontario nearshore forecast is almost ALWAYS wrong.. Not sure where they get their information from but usually when they predict 1 foot or less, with winds out of the north west, you can expect bigger waves.. You would think they would actually check their forecast for accuracy now and then, but like I said, the report is almost always wrong....I live close to the lake and found the best way to know is to drive down to the closest lake view (for me) at Bear creek and take a walk out and see for myself..

I too am hoping to head up tomorrow morning out of Mexico. My take on it is SE to SW wind until about 10. Should be calm? Then blow west 10am on. That'll be pretty rough? My plan is get on the water at 530ish and of at 10ish. What are peoples thoughts with the wind directions? Thanks

Yeah. I have a 16ft also. I fished a couple times last year up there with a south wind and it was fine. That's why I'm thinking that south wind tomorrow morning would be fishable until it switches from the west. Then time to tuck the tail and head back