MC rocket artificial Herring strip

They definitely catch fish and are easy to use and keep on hand. I don't know how they'd fair in a head 2 head battle against real strips but I've done well with them. I think it's harder to get good hookups with them though. And I do add herring oil to them.

1 hour ago, Chowdaire said:

They definitely catch fish and are easy to use and keep on hand. I don't know how they'd fair in a head 2 head battle against real strips but I've done well with them. I think it's harder to get good hookups with them though. And I do add herring oil to them.

He pretty much nailed it, they def work and I have caught fish on them as well. If I had real meat I would run that well before I used the rockets though. Soco baits just came out with their own version of "articial meat" that looks good also.

Not sure if any of you have tried the Brad’s Super Cut Plug but I ran one today for the first time. Loaded it up with herring oil and ran it 3’ behind a 10” spin doctor. Took a half dozen kings.

Just another option (and something to blow money on).

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

I like running them first light to take advantage of the glow and because I can pre-rig them to get them in the water quicker than real meat for that early, aggressive bite. Also, I find them easier to tune to get the perfect roll.

Keep an eye on the rod though or check it frequently. A short/missed strike will bend the rocket the opposite direction and ruin the roll. 

Dalmation and Frog are my favorite patterns.

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of scent do you use? Do you soak them in it, or just apply before use?
I've had pretty good luck with the rockets. I've caught fish with them every time I put them down but one so far.

Sent from my moto x4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What is herring oil and where do you get it?

Not sure if any of you have tried the Brad’s Super Cut Plug but I ran one today for the first time. Loaded it up with herring oil and ran it 3’ behind a 10” spin doctor. Took a half dozen kings.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...

My brother bought some (poor guy has a tackle addiction) and we have used them from time to time. They work great! ONly problem with them is once they get hit you have to bring them back in and fix them. The fish bend them. A new bait came out this past season called the SOKO Prime Cut. That has a thicker piece of metal in it and it wont bend like an MC Rocket. Both work well. MC Rocket's have the glow patterns down if you're looking for that low light presentation. 

All that being said we've run them from time to time on charters. Come tourney time straight Familiar Bite.

• 3 months later...

I've some Kings on the Brad's cut plug too.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app