Sodus Point Report 8-2-19

We wanted to check out the new dock at the public launch and do some king fishing  so we were on the water about 5;30 AM My buddy John who is an excellent walleye and perch guy had never fished for the kings  so we got after them. First of all the new dock seems like a massive improvement over the old piece of crap that was there and appears to be made out of Trex or something like it rather than wood. I forgot to snap a pic of it unfortunately.

We went 5 for 5 all kings. started in 127 and first fish came about 20 minutes into it and off a downrigger set at 70 in 139 ft of water carbon 14 (which took three of the 5 kings. and 4 came on riggers in about the 70 down 2.4 mph. Two kings came in 288 ft and 308 ft. respectively the first on Rigger/carbon 14 and second on flasher fly (green and glow Pro Trol E-chip with home made green fly) and it was our only wire hit. He weighed 19 lbs. One of the others was low to mid twenties and another one that weighed 18 lbs. We caught two "skippy" kings out in the 300 plus range today and they looked healthy as heck. They both hit the Carbon 14 Magnum spoon :lol: on the rigger. We released the mid twenties one and he took off great right after the pic and also the two skippies all unharmed. The two teens were spent  so a pal fishing solo  out there wanted them and we gave them to him. John didn't like holding the fish for fear of getting his shirt dirty so I did the honors while my buddy fisherdude took the pic :lol: Thanks Brian.

low20sking.jpg

twohighteens.jpg

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

We wanted to check out the new dock at the public launch and do some king fishing  so we were on the water about 5;30 AM My buddy John who is an excellent walleye and perch guy had never fished for the kings  so we got after them. First of all the new dock seems like a massive improvement over the old piece of crap that was there and appears to be made out of Trex or something like it rather than wood. I forgot to snap a pic of it unfortunately.

We went 5 for 5 all kings. started in 127 and first fish came about 20 minutes into it and off a downrigger set at 70 in 139 ft of water carbon 14 (which took three of the 5 kings. and 4 came on riggers in about the 70 down 2.4 mph. Two kings came in 288 ft and 308 ft. respectively the first on Rigger/carbon 14 and second on flasher fly (green and glow Pro Trol E-chip with home made green fly) and it was our only wire hit. He weighed 19 lbs. One of the others was low to mid twenties and another one that weighed 18 lbs. We caught two "skippy" kings out in the 300 plus range today and they looked healthy as heck. They both hit the Carbon 14 Magnum spoon :lol: on the rigger. We released the mid twenties one and he took off great right after the picand also the two skippies all unharmed. The two teens were spent  so a pal fishing solo  out there wanted them and we gave them to him. John didn't like holding the fish for fear of getting his shirt dirty so I did the honors while my buddy fisherdude took the pic :lol: Thanks Brian.

low20sking.jpg

twohighteens.jpg

that is some good eating nice

I thought the dock was a well done job too . Thanks for the tips today. felt awesome to feel the line being rip off the reel . Sure don't get that on the finger lakes . Met John early morning and then again at the dock coming back in . He hung out and waited to help me dock up with a boat forward on the dock . Was a big help I can't see what's directly in front of the boat or the dock for that matter . Thanks John. I bet he will be willing to go again after those kings ... [emoji3].

IMG_20190802_091129453.thumb.jpeg.36a8cadda6c3df6be05458e02e10f9de.jpegIMG_20190802_084735273.thumb.jpeg.b664378e3948a975ba686474d639a88d.jpeg

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app