Tonight I took a LOU member out to show him how I run my setup . Sometimes showing a person is more helpful than telling them. I had great intel for the inside bite but with the temps people were reporting I couldn’t resist exploring the offshore bite. I left it up to Mark (force of one) and he was fine with going with my gut feeling. So we headed out just west of braddocks in 400 fow on a North East troll. Within 20 min the rigger takes off with a nice mature king. For the next couple hrs we crushed matures kings on all our setups in 400-480fow. Riggers 45-75 , dipsy 200-220, ten color and 300 copper all took multiple fish. As we got down towards the Genny we decided to troll west through our waypoints before we got to far from home . We picked up more majors on the way but definitely the west/east troll was kinder. With my exploration itch behind me we packed up the gear and motored all way to Devils Nose to set up for the last 2 hrs of trolling in tight. We set up in 180 and immediately majors started nipping. We took more nice kings from 180-70fow. All the same setups worked....... Tomight was another great day in the water and Mark was a pleasure to fish with.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 4

You certainly know your stuff.  Freedom cut bait plugs again, clean or behind flasher?

I didn’t run any Freedom last night. With having Mark in the boat and exploring I didn’t want to take the chance of not moving rods for him. I basically ran all my goto stuff and it never slowed down (so we didn’t mix it up). I do have a big order of Freedom lures coming. The next time I’m out solo I’ll run them to death a multitude of different ways.

You are on fire!

Thanks, it’s been a good season this yr. Good fishing is 25%skill 25%equipment50%good intel. If guys keep posting everyone can get in on the action. I also recommend everyone get into your local tournaments . There’s no better way to learn than to compete. There’s piles of local tournaments that are cheap. You’ll meet top notch anglers and learn a ton as to what was working under given conditions.......

Went out tonight from Genesee river Went to braddocks 80-120. Ran two rigger, Copper, lead, two dipsey divers with FF.
My bro nailed a beauty 50 over 100 on a green and black mag spoon. Great battle.
Big Thanks to Jeremy for your texts and post! I have been so unlucky lately after a hot June and good July.

I needed this fish to happen. I saw some boats way out. I wondered if they went to the 400 fow that was talked about on the thread.

Can't wait to get out again soon.
0804191715_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Bustersit my phones always on if I can help. Glad you guys grabbed a nice fish. I’ll hopefully be out for an afternoon trip this weekend . Keep your streak going [emoji869]
If you ever have a long trip try those deep runs they can produce plenty. It’s fun to run Offshore midday and explore around, then I usually pull and run in tight for the last 2 hrs ......
I may be out solo this weekend if your available

East winds for me usually means a better spoon bite than FF or meat. I’d have spoons on riggers /cheated, leadcore with spoons and dipsy with FF to mix it up . With all the cold water that was inside an South east wind will only hold it there. At first light I’d be dropping in at 70ish and watching screen sliding out while setting gear. Good luck out there, i’v had some of my best days on a feared East wind

East winds for me usually means a better spoon bite than FF or meat. I’d have spoons on riggers /cheated, leadcore with spoons and dipsy with FF to mix it up . With all the cold water that was inside an South east wind will only hold it there. At first light I’d be dropping in at 70ish and watching screen sliding out while setting gear. Good luck out there, i’v had some of my best days on a feared East wind