Owasco Silver streak continues

Good silvers still to be had. By no means quantity but good quality. All fired this weekend, core, copper, and high riggers.  Algae had water discolored and none of these bows became airborne. It's like they didnt want to come up into it. I know I sound like a broken record but if you want silvers, fish high, stay committed to a zone, and when you hit one, reduce spread, cover water and circle. Speeds were between 2.6 and 3.2.

20190802_201419.jpg

20190802_195255.jpg

20190803_082716.jpg

20190803_093123.jpg

20190803_093719.jpg

20190803_172105.jpg

20190804_090449.jpg

20190804_090522.jpg

20190804_095756.jpg

20190804_092248.jpg

• Like 1

The bass are fun and go back, a lot in that upper column. Have only gone up to your area once Alex, and it paid off, but the weeds were bad. Stayed south this weekend, great having no fleas, but that jade colored water we get this time of year slows them down a bit. Justin I’m going into walleye withdraws, but soon the fall will come and I’ll be on it again. For now these silvers are fun and cooperating well.

Not this year, but yes, small dipsey on a #3 setting, 90-120 out. Remember to circle, they love hitting on those turns for some reason. Dipsey and wire dont turn well on smaller circles, but I have caught them on them. You will be there at the right time, mid August to September is really good, but remember.....if its silvers you want....set them high and be patient, it's always easy to drop for lakers.....it takes time to find them, most every point holds them though. Good luck.

• Like 1

Staying committed to fishing higher in the column than your probe says or higher than your graph says is good advice for more than bows on Owasco.  Oftentimes the most active fish are way out of temp and it's not easy to mark boat shy fish high in the column.  I seem to remember a day Kevin came over to fish an excellent walleye bite over here and I told him not to get caught up fishing below 20 feet no matter what your graph says.  I'll let him tell his side...I did however throw 1 lure of a big spread down where he was just in case....my rods never stopped firing till we had a 4 man ticket except 1 rod...it got just 1 bite...a 12lber.  I wouldn't of caught it if I wasn't worried he'd out fish me deep so I kept em honest, and unless you like getting outfished you pull out all the stops to keep up with Kevin.  We both learned something that morning!!!  In fairness to Kevin he had 3 rods to work with and I ran 10 instead of my normal 9.  Point is no matter how good you are it's easy to fall in love with your graph and what you think you know when targeting difficult species!  Committing to a zone, your spread, and patience.....

I couldn’t resist those marks in the temp......you told me to stay high, got two quick and then dropped to the temp and washed lures while you were catching.....a great lesson learned and that is the case on these bows....they are way out of the temp, you don’t mark them and they even feel warm when you grab them out of the net......no wonder they’re not jumping. Stay true to it even when the screen is blank, they are there.

The bigger browns I'm catching are no where near temp...they should be 35 feet down give or take if I was using a probe and they have been coming on my shallowest stuff at 17-20 in water that's in the 70s!  I believe the fish you mark are the ones on the edge of the cone also so if your graph says the mark is at say 30 the fish is actually several feet shallower and the fish definitely go down and out from under your boat before you get your transducer over em.  A great way to see this is to run one graph off your trolling motor and another unit at the stern and watch the difference with the transducers just 20 feet apart.  Fish definitely don't like having a boat go over them.