Boat Shelter Help

cedarswamp

Trying to find a Boat shelter Both for winter and to keep in year round, my issue is it has to be portable , I've been looking at the Shelterlogic portable round fully enclosed. Any one have any experience with these and how they hold up to our winters? Anyone also No of any for Sale or Place to get a decent Deal ?

I have had mine for quite a few years. I live just a few miles from Shelterlogic so I was able to buy it from them and pick it up.  They replaced the cover on it once when the material welds around the door let go after 3 years, and 3 or 4 years later I had branches fall on the roof, but it was out of warranty by then.. I then just put metal roofing over the canvas roof, leaving the rest of it canvas,  and it's been fine for the last 4 years. I did buy the snow rated shelter, which is I think 3" x 3" square pipes for the frame. I can't complain about the price, I think it was $900 or around there for a 25' shelter, and it's still standing so I don't think you could go wrong buying one, and they're customer service is top notch.

I forgot to mention that once or twice a year they have a clearance sale at the factory, and you can buy anything they make at a big discount. I'm pretty sure it's coming up soon, so if you're close enough to Ct. it may be worth it to wait. Give them a call  and they'll tell you if  and when it will  be.

I don't think so. Mine is out in the sun all day and I had the doors closed, so the heat is what caused the welds to give. It's plenty strong, the weight of the snow didn't budge it, but we don't get lake effect around here.

I called Shelter logic in Ct., asked about the clearance sales ! They told me in Oct. they do have a sale 10% off on certain things. But the chance of finding the Exact shelter I need would be a crap shoot. They are 3 hours away so I'm thinking of just looking Local for one

i've had a shelter logic for years. been through 3 replacement covers. the sun does the most damage, they rot and become very brittle. this last time, i had the guy who shrink wraps my boat shrink wrap it. been 2 years now and still in great shape. way tougher than the stock coverings. when this fails, i'll try to find some used metal roofing to cover it with.