Bears damaging cameras

The bears definitly  seem to prefer my Cuddyback cameras. I had 2 destroyed so far. They don't touch my  Brownings or Stealthcams. Cuddyback did repair them once but don't do it a second time.

I have some great pics of their teeth and noses. I was thinking of putting the damaged cameras back up but it might be considered baiting.  Hopefully this year they stick around for archery season. But usually the food sources change and the bears move on.

Wondering if it is some smell from the plastic? (some plastics use urea in them) or maybe the sound when it takes a pic? Interesting situation....that they select only those....

• 5 weeks later...

Had same experience with my Cuddyback. Noticed the gasket was failing for the battery compartment and water was seeping in. The battery connections had a lot of green corrosion and thought they might be giving off a smell that attracted the bear. Cam was out for several weeks getting great deer pics before the bear got to it.

We've had several instances with bears going after our Cuddeback cameras as well.  Every year we at least have bears sniffing them up close, but last year and this year we've had a camera ripped off the tree and carried 20-30 feet away from where they were set up.  Makes for some interesting pictures and videos, that's for sure :rofl: