Different brands of divers

Hey all,

I was on a charter on O this past weekend (had a GREAT trip). I forgot to ask the mate, but I noticed that the divers they were using weren't the usual Luhr-Jensen Dipsy's. These appeared to be a black, ?steel? disk with a few different holes to clip into from the main line that were either left or right of center. I'm guessing that has the same effect as turning the disc on the bottom of a "regular" Dipsy?? Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew what these were. I'm just looking to try some different setups. Thanks!

44 minutes ago, lfoster607 said:

Hey all,

I was on a charter on O this past weekend (had a GREAT trip). I forgot to ask the mate, but I noticed that the divers they were using weren't the usual Luhr-Jensen Dipsy's. These appeared to be a black, ?steel? disk with a few different holes to clip into from the main line that were either left or right of center. I'm guessing that has the same effect as turning the disc on the bottom of a "regular" Dipsy?? Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew what these were. I'm just looking to try some different setups. Thanks!

Here you go...

https://chinookdiver.com/

Switched to Chinooks last season and sold all my Luhr Jensons after running them for a while.

Easier trip & much easier retrieve.

Can easily change the color by adding tape. I mostly run black, green & UV.

Some of the guys who have tried them in the past will tell you they had their lines get cut when tangled due to the metal edge being sharp. The edges are now smoother and no issues.

I run 2's in the spring/fall, 4's & 5's in the summer.

Edited by Rookie Fisherman

12 hours ago, Rookie Fisherman said:

Switched to Chinooks last season and sold all my Luhr Jensons after running them for a while.

Easier trip & much easier retrieve.

Can easily change the color by adding tape. I mostly run black, green & UV.

Some of the guys who have tried them in the past will tell you they had their lines get cut when tangled due to the metal edge being sharp. The edges are now smoother and no issues.

I run 2's in the spring/fall, 4's & 5's in the summer.

Thank you! "What size?" was going to be my next question. Perfect...