Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

1 hour ago, Guppy35 said:

Does anybody use scent drippers over scrapes?  Just curious if they are worth trying out...What time of year is best to start them, and what is your go-to scent when using them? 

I dont but I do like to freshen up scapes and mock scrape as i am hunting. I have never had much luck with drippers.

5 hours ago, Guppy35 said:

Does anybody use scent drippers over scrapes?  Just curious if they are worth trying out...What time of year is best to start them, and what is your go-to scent when using them? 

Sean, I have used them and I would say knowing your situation that you would be risking more than gaining.

I have tried them over existing scrapes and also over mock scrapes and neither produced any activity.  I started out buying into all of these miracle scents and it only interests the dumbest deer in the woods - button bucks and 1.5yr old bucks.  All the other deer evacuated after smelling it - I saw some run.  I try to eliminate all foreign scents now and I do much better.  With that said I am thinking about trying a mock scrape (pre rut) with some buck urine to see if I can get some territorial thing to happen.  I haven't been bow hunting as long as a lot of folks on here so I defer.  Just my opinion that it hurts more than it helps.  Like when you put your tree stand in an excellent spot where you can see for 500 yds in every direction and you still see no deer.  It never occurs to you that they see you first.

Thanks Joe & Rob for the responses on the scent drippers.  I've got two areas in particular that always have scrapes under the same branches, but like always, the majority of the pictures are during the night.  I know part of the idea with scent drippers is to try to get those nocturnal bucks to visit the scrape during daylight hours when the scent is actively dripping.  With that being said, i think i'll stay away from the drippers.  The last thing i want to happen is to possibly change their routes away from those areas!

18 hours ago, Guppy35 said:

Thanks Joe & Rob for the responses on the scent drippers.  I've got two areas in particular that always have scrapes under the same branches, but like always, the majority of the pictures are during the night.  I know part of the idea with scent drippers is to try to get those nocturnal bucks to visit the scrape during daylight hours when the scent is actively dripping.  With that being said, i think i'll stay away from the drippers.  The last thing i want to happen is to possibly change their routes away from those areas!

Im a fan of mock scrapes and do them all season long. For every mock scrape I make it seems bucks make 2-3 additional ones in close proximity and deer activity is multiplied. I have tried just about everything but I like Kishels and Smokeys.

https://www.kishelscents.com/product/mock-scrape-kit/

Kishels-MOCK-SCRAPE-KIT.jpg

https://smokeysdeerlure.com/product/pre-orbital-gland-lure/

BuckPreorbitalGlandLureRev72dpi_0459-2.jpg

Well, no fishing today and nothing to do so I spent some time in the woods. I managed to check on a couple stands, hung a camera, moved a stand in few hours. Hopefully poison ivy isnt in my future. The clock is ticking and there is still lots to do!

So I am looking to take some time off for bow and gun. Normally for gun i would take the first week off with Thanksgiving.  Turkey day is late this year.  I nomrall6y take the first week of November off for bow.  What do you guts think is best week for bow and gun.  Is there a reason or just had luck before. 
thanks.