Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Nice to spend the afternoon in the woods. Hung two cameras, moved two stands (due to corn crop), trimmed a third, and hung a fourth new stand on the property, put up some new posted signs. Property number two... Check!

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dgio67 said:

So I am looking to take some time off for bow and gun. Normally for gun i would take the first week off with Thanksgiving.  Turkey day is late this year.  I nomrall6y take the first week of November off for bow.  What do you guts think is best week for bow and gun.  Is there a reason or just had luck before. 
thanks. 

November is the time to waste vacation time.

Back at it this afternoon with some season prep. Hung a new set along with three cameras. Did some scouting from behind the wheel of my truck as I drove the entire property tonight. I gotta sneak back onto the property and hang one more set. Found a spot tonight that apparently I was over looking.

So late getting some of this done. Just too damn busy to get everything done. Last charter of the year is tomorrow and I'm planning to haul the boat out next week. After that it's game on.

• Like 1

Well, with things just starting to get exciting..... cold mornings, October fast approaching, working in the woods, remembering why it is we do this,ect..... I was informed yesterday that there is a very high chance that the lease I have been on for the last 10 years is being sold due to the huge jump in taxes this year! Want to puke and cry.

3 hours ago, JakeyBaby said:

Well, with things just starting to get exciting..... cold mornings, October fast approaching, working in the woods, remembering why it is we do this,ect..... I was informed yesterday that there is a very high chance that the lease I have been on for the last 10 years is being sold due to the huge jump in taxes this year! Want to puke and cry.

That sucks man, sorry to hear that!  Hope for your sake that it's not true.

Orleans and Murray taxes went up alot this year. I think you are in same area. I know i got 20 in orleans

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 9/19/2019 at 11:55 AM, Guppy35 said:

Can anybody recommend a good safety harness for kids?  Looking for something that will work for my 6 year old son, but also adjustable enough that he can wear it for several years to come.

https://www.feradyne.com/gorilla-gear/

Check out Gorilla gear. My kid is on his second set now. 

3 hours ago, Legacy said:

The clock is ticking!!! Washing all the hunting clothes today. Prepping my pack. Planning on doing some last minute stand visits today also. I feel soooo far behind.

Doing the same today. The hunting dreams have started....

Anybody loosing a favorite hunting tree from the ash bore?

How long can you still climb one (from when it doesn’t have leaves) if at all

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No but I can't believe the amount of dead ones I have noticed this year. Insane.

Three years of no hunting on my property has finally produced a few nice age class bucks. I'm lucky because of a generous friend who moved to Montana and he has let me take care of his property for him ( hunt it).. making it easy to leave mine alone. 

15 years of improving it's carrying capacity and leaving a sanctuary area has paid off. I'm sure I know his age, any guesses, and what y'all think he'll gross? 

BTW this is not an agricultural area, no alfalfa fields or corn within three miles. 

Two properties away is a large tract of state land. I do fear he could get killed in the oaks there, but if someone does get him there great for the guy or girl that does! 

IMG_20190923_140227929.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Smat64 said:

YUP...  I had a double ash on what use to be a corner and a traditional travel path.  I shot my first and biggest bow buck there.  I checked this year and one of the 2 very large trees broke off down low and crashed.  That is the thing about ash trees.  They can be very solid at the top but start rotting from the inside out near the bottom all hidden by the bark.  Or the opposite - those tops can come down and whack you on the head.  I know a several people who have had close calls cutting dead ash for firewood.  Just keep that in mind.   My stand was against the other one and I am not sure how it survived, however, the neighbor put a stand down lower last year than he had before and wrecked my good thing.  I noticed last year the travel movements changed and then I noticed the new ladder stand in the wide open.  Oh well.  I will be moving it somewhere else.

I wouldn't chance climbing it. This one fell on my neighbors tractor when he was clearing brush. He heard it crack and jumped off just before it crushed his seat.25452.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app